Tenancy dispute regarding parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy dispute regarding parking

Hi there, on renewing our lease at the start of the year we agreed to let our landlord use one of our parking spots as we only had 2 cars at the flat at the time. However, during the year each of our flatmates have purchased cars and 3 of us have had to use the street parking. However in the last 2 months my car has been broken into twice while parked on the street and is quite costly to fix. We would like to have our parking spot back but our landlord is not willing to let this happen. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? Cheers

is the car parks described in the tenancy agreement?

Comment

Ideally this should have been stated in the residential tenancy agreement. And yes, RTA can state parking arrangements. Something you don't really think of huh.
      You could ask for mediation on this. Yeah a hassle, but it doesn't look like the landlord is going to budge..

Comment

Originally posted by Nayerhs View Post
        However in the last 2 months my car has been broken into twice while parked on the street and is quite costly to fix. We would like to have our parking spot back but our landlord is not willing to let this happen.
        Why is your car on the road, rather than the latter-day-purchased cars of the flatmates?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Why is your car on the road, rather than the latter-day-purchased cars of the flatmates?
          first home gets the parks

Comment

My thinking:
            So was it a verbal or written agreement with the Landlord?
            Is the Landlord using it for their use?
            If you are paying for that said space then you are entitled to have it back or a reduced rental.
            Just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
            X