Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide for Insurance statement on Tenancy Agreement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide for Insurance statement on Tenancy Agreement?

Insertion of the tenancy insurance statement .

Has anyone got examples of what they use in their TA's?

I use the front page of the Owners Insurance Doc where it states the property is insured and the excess.
    Kaye
    www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

Thanks Kaye. So you just issue that as a simple paragraph statement on the TA? Example, " the property building and chattels excluding contents are insured and an excess of $1150 applies"

Comment

No I photocopy top page of Insurance Doc and then add it to both mine and Tenants lease docs that way the Tenants have it on Insurance Co letterhead so they know it's genuine and not some knock off copy paste doc.
        Kaye
        www.streetsaheadpm.co.nz

Comment

There is a form on the tenancy services website for the insurance statement that can used:

if you type in 'statement' into tenancy services search bar there are also the statements for the insulation, healthy homes, compliance etc.

Comment

I agree with Kaye. We blank out the details of the owner and simply put the front page in. That way, the tenant can go to the companies web site to get the latest full document.

We also include the full healthy homes report we get. Just adds more pages to the contract.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Several insurance companies i am aware of will provide a single page "Tenant Insurance Statement" for each policy.

This satisfies the legal requirements and is easily attached to the contract.

If your policy includes a Methamphetamine Contamination Excess, make sure that this is shown in addition to the general policy excess.

Comment

Note specifics for multi unit properties, common areas / shared facilities. That is trickier than it first appears, not sure body corp committees understand they have to provide insurance information to landlords.

Comment

Working...
                X