Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War of the worlds and covid 19

Are we at war?

Are humans fighting a global war with tiny invisible invaders?

It makes me rethink the tittle of that famous H.G Wells book, " the war of the worlds".

(Where invaders from mars almost take over our planet, but are all killed by the common cold).

Maybe the two worlds were not Mars and Earth.

Maybe the two worlds were the human sized world and the microscopic world.

Originally posted by McDuck View Post
    Are we at war?

Are humans fighting a global war with tiny invisible invaders?

It makes me rethink the tittle of that famous H.G Wells book, " the war of the worlds".

(Where invaders from mars almost take over our planet, but are all killed by the common cold).

Maybe the two worlds were not Mars and Earth.

Maybe the two worlds were the human sized world and the microscopic world.
    OMG. I hope Jeffa or Freezinghot don't read this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston View Post
      I'm over the moon I read this thread!!!!

Yes we are at war war!!

In wartime we send the poor and ignorant to fight and die for our king,queens,political leaders money.

The poor eg

Maori net worth $30,000...send them to fight the virus lose there job.

The lower middle class

Net worth $14000...send them of to fight the virus and they lose there businesses.

Jeffa....what virus? His net worth has now pushed him into the top 2% of net worth in NZ.

Why would I or send my son to fight a war for someone else's money?

Through out history whether it be Hitler,Stalin, Nixon or Ardern ...Wars were always fought for money, land,power and greed.
      Last edited by Jeffa; 05-08-2020, 11:36 AM. Reason: WW lV

Comment

Apparently, H.G.Wells got the idea for this story by observing the effect disease had on the Aboriginal population in Tasmania.
        They were wiped out by it.

Strangely, he got it backwards.

Usually the more developed world brings the more developed diseases to the undeveloped place.
        I suppose you could consider China an older more developed civilization, if you go with the Trump Kung Flu theory.

Comment

Apparently, H.G.Wells got the idea for this story by observing the effect disease had on the Aboriginal population in Tasmania.

Strangely, he got it backwards.

Usually the more developed world brings the more developed diseases to the undeveloped place.
          I suppose you could consider China an older more developed civilization, if you go with the Trump Kung Flu theory.
          As stated many times in The Encyclopedia of Jeffa,
          "The Virus was developed in the technically advanced nation of the U S.A overseen by the Federal reserve "

Comment

From a purely dispassionate biological point of view.

I kind of like the interplay between microscopic life and people sized life.

As people cluster in a city type situation, they make a breeding ground for other forms of life.
            Small creatures perhaps, like some plague or other.

That acts as a population control mechanism.
            People start to sicken and die. Our population is kept in check by nature.

We then use our smarts to understand and neutralize the pathogen.
            We may put in sewerage systems, or laws about food handling, or use other bugs to fight the bugs we don't like.

Which works for a while.

But that new safer environment is also an unfilled space fort the next microscopic contender.

They will never give up, and we will always have to keep one step ahead of them.

It makes me marvel at the ingenuity of DNA, the code of life.
            Always striving for complexity and control of chemical resources and space.

And quite happy to go nose to nose in hard competition with a slightly different version of itself.

Humorously, DNA, is its own worst enemy.
            Well, at least it keeps itself on its toes.
            Last edited by McDuck; 07-08-2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I thought that the majority died from instant onset lead poisoning

https://theconversation.com/explainer-the-evidence-for-the-tasmanian-genocide-86828

HermanZ

Comment

Originally posted by HermanZ View Post
                I could be wrong, but I thought that the majority died from instant onset lead poisoning

https://theconversation.com/explainer-the-evidence-for-the-tasmanian-genocide-86828

HermanZ
                I've not heard that one before.
                There were about 10 factors.

If you take a much wider sample set, say over the past 3000 years, including many civilizations, and across the whole planet, you see a pattern of technology, colonization and disease.
                Last edited by McDuck; 08-08-2020, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston View Post
                  Too late! The anti vaxers are here to wake the masses!

Hope everyone is wearing their masks like good little sheep!
                  "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
                    I'm over the moon I read this thread!!!!

Yes we are at war war!!

In wartime we send the poor and ignorant to fight and die for our king,queens,political leaders money.

The poor eg

Maori net worth $30,000...send them to fight the virus lose there job.

The lower middle class

Net worth $14000...send them of to fight the virus and they lose there businesses.

Jeffa....what virus? His net worth has now pushed him into the top 2% of net worth in NZ.

Why would I or send my son to fight a war for someone else's money?

Through out history whether it be Hitler,Stalin, Nixon or Ardern ...Wars were always fought for money, land,power and greed.
                    Cant argue with that
                    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Working...
                    X