Why I don't like weed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I don't like weed.

I just don't understand grownups wanting to promote the use of weed.

(With the possible exception of a tightly controlled medical use).

The main issue I have with weed, is the way it distorts the brains natural attraction and aversion mechanism.

Over time, a brain is demotivated.

Why would a brain seek better more interesting life conditions, when the illusion of such things can be gained by inhaling a plant stimulant instead.

Last edited by McDuck; 03-08-2020, 07:59 AM. Reason: Typo

If you want a joint anywhere in NZ you can get one by the end of the day.
    It's just like booze. Ban wine? The police I have spoken to are a big advocate for legalizing so they can fight actual crime.
    So in effect a colossal waste of resources and money. Better to regulate the hell out of it and use the tax revenues to fund all the healthcare and other services that get by on bare bones here. Colorado ran out of bridges to build pretty quickly.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

I think it's because people tend to think that it helps them to get rid of stress as fast as possible. But the truth is it's just for a time. After that, the condition remain same or somehow even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
        If you want a joint anywhere in NZ you can get one by the end of the day.
        It's just like booze. Ban wine? The police I have spoken to are a big advocate for legalizing so they can fight actual crime.
        So in effect a colossal waste of resources and money. Better to regulate the hell out of it and use the tax revenues to fund all the healthcare and other services that get by on bare bones here. Colorado ran out of bridges to build pretty quickly.
        An interesting point.

Firstly, police officers are men of action, not policy, so I have to discount their opinion.
        It's my calculation that removing the restrictions on weed will increase crime.
        I suspect that the black economy will simply keep up its revenue stream, by putting it's free time into more dangerous but still illegal drugs.

I guess a specialized drug and traffic wings would make sure that driving crime, property crime and violent crime are still given the attention they deserve.

The extra money would come from the highly motivated young drug free people who could now contribute to the economy.

Well, one would hope, some youngsters need a more comprehensive wrap around set of solutions to reconfigure their little brains.

see.VVV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken...rious%20crimes.
        Last edited by McDuck; 05-08-2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I don't think legalising it will make us all stoners in much the same way alcohol hasn't. Supposedly there's less violence but more paranoia.

I think legalising it is the way to go - as long as the Gov't put in place all the same (alcohol) mechanisms for managing and taxing it.

If I was worried about anything with it - it would be an increase of stoned drivers on the roads.

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
            I don't think legalising it will make us all stoners in much the same way alcohol hasn't. Supposedly there's less violence but more paranoia.

I think legalising it is the way to go - as long as the Gov't put in place all the same (alcohol) mechanisms for managing and taxing it.

If I was worried about anything with it - it would be an increase of stoned drivers on the roads.

cheers,

Donna
            That's because you have never stopped to understand the importance of attention in experiencing life.
            Or you just don't care about the well-being of your fellow country-folk.

Comment

Ha - well don't hold back McDuck. I see you posted very early in the morning - not sleeping? Are you okay?

cheers,

Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                Ha - well don't hold back McDuck. I see you posted very early in the morning - not sleeping? Are you okay?

cheers,

Donna

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

Just trying to understand why seemingly sensible responsible people hold such antisocial beliefs.

I wasn't meant to be a personal attack.

Yes, I'm good thanks.

Thank you for asking.

Well spotted, broken sleep is usually an indicator of stress or some other health issue.

In my case, it's just early to bed, early to rise.

(I never like to run about in the cold, dark, windy winter evenings.

The mornings are much nicer).

How are you?
                Last edited by McDuck; 07-08-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HollyMiller View Post
                  I think it's because people tend to think that it helps them to get rid of stress as fast as possible. But the truth is it's just for a time. After that, the condition remain same or somehow even worse.
                  Yes, I totally agree Holly.
                  And drinking fills the same function for many.

I can remember as a youngster having to stop at the bottle store on the way to a party just so my mates could get drunk to have a good time.
                  Looking back, I can see how they were just calming their nerves due to a certain amount of social anxiety.

Here's a good interview with a musician.
                  Ask people who have actually been thorough it.

Buy: http://amzn.to/1PoPPMyJames Taylor and Carly Simon discuss his drug habit on Dick Cavett's show in 1977. After spending his early career addicted to he...
                  Last edited by McDuck; 07-08-2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X