Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you want to be a Landlord in Melbourne right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you want to be a Landlord in Melbourne right now?

Six weeks of lockdown and no assurance this will be the end of it. I wouldn't want to be a Landlord in Melbourne, or anywhere else. Remember when we had Dean Letfus and couple of others talking up property investment in the USA? I wonder how that's working out for them right now.

NZ should not rush a Transtasman bubble. While we're living with freedom, and in the most, rents are being paid, that could quickly change if we're not careful. Australia's second wave is has reached the peak day number of new cases as the first wave.

Being in our NZ bubble it's easy to push the pandemic to the side but vigilance is needed as it's raging out of control in some areas, many, just a plane ride away. Just 4 days ago US recorded 66000 new cases in one day. UK is expecting their second wave in a few months time to kill twice as many people as it has so far!

What's your thoughts?

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Originally posted by donna View Post
    Six weeks of lockdown and no assurance this will be the end of it. I wouldn't want to be a Landlord in Melbourne, or anywhere else. Remember when we had Dean Letfus and couple of others talking up property investment in the USA? I wonder how that's working out for them right now.

NZ should not rush a Transtasman bubble. While we're living with freedom, and in the most, rents are being paid, that could quickly change if we're not careful. Australia's second wave is has reached the peak day number of new cases as the first wave.

Being in our NZ bubble it's easy to push the pandemic to the side but vigilance is needed as it's raging out of control in some areas, many, just a plane ride away. Just 4 days ago US recorded 66000 new cases in one day. UK is expecting their second wave in a few months time to kill twice as many people as it has so far!

What's your thoughts?

cheers,

Donna
    Thats what they want you to think anyway, I see it as control control control. Do you know more people have died from the flu here that covid? Not denying covid is a virus but why are we all so fearful?
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

The fear comes from the unknown - many who have had it, are still suffering neurologically. COVID does stuff to your brain. See here it's not just a respiratory disease.

There's no vaccine and COVID has killed more than the flu. So it's the unknown - will you get mild symptoms or be taken out by it? You just don't know. It's also a lot more contagious than the flu too.

COVID is more lethal than the flu.

Using a more sophisticated calculation called the infection-fatality rate, paired with the past few months’ worth of data, the latest best estimates show that COVID-19 is around 50 to 100 times more lethal than the seasonal flu, on average.
      I agree some reporting is dubious but not all and even if some Govt's are using it for 'control' - arguably that's what's keeping it contained here in NZ and the reason why you, I nor our families and friends have it.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Like in the 'sun' states of the US, Melbourne's new cases just keep going up! Record day of 484 new cases. Just over 5m population for Melbourne - yet it has the same number of new cases as the UK (66.5m pax) during the same period of 24 hours.

Masks are now compulsory and Melbourne maybe isolated from the rest of Australia for 2 YEARS.

source

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Another bad day of COVID-19 stats for Victoria. They're not coming out of lockdown any time soon - certainly not within the next 3 weeks. Restrictions now in the regions of Victoria including 'must wear' masks. Spare a thought for our Melbourne mates as they do it so much tougher than us.

Comment

Be greedy when others are fearful.
            Warren Buffet
            Applies to real estate also.
            Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

CDC pegs flu deaths in the USA each year at 61,000 total. 158,000 Americans have died from Covid 19 in the first 8 months of the year.

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
              Thats what they want you to think anyway, I see it as control control control. Do you know more people have died from the flu here that covid? Not denying covid is a virus but why are we all so fearful?
              Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Working...
              X