Multi- kitchen property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi- kitchen property

Hi, I am planning to add another kitchen on top of my existing dwelling along with 2 bedrooms and a bath. So, i have spoken to few architects and have got different views. Some say it will be automatically considered as a Separate dwelling as soon as m adding a kitchen. So i have to get a separate title for it , Others are saying it?s perfectly legal to have two kitchens in 1 property and will still be considered part of same dwelling. I am confused now what are the rules around adding a extra kitchen? Don?t want to spend money and go to concept plan stage until m clear as it will significantly impact the cost if its a separate dwelling.

Please advise?

Originally posted by neel_saxena View Post
    Hi, I am planning to add another kitchen on top of my existing dwelling along with 2 bedrooms and a bath. So, i have spoken to few architects and have got different views. Some say it will be automatically considered as a Separate dwelling as soon as m adding a kitchen. So i have to get a separate title for it , Others are saying it?s perfectly legal to have two kitchens in 1 property and will still be considered part of same dwelling. I am confused now what are the rules around adding a extra kitchen? Don?t want to spend money and go to concept plan stage until m clear as it will significantly impact the cost if its a separate dwelling.

Please advise?
    It's not the kitchen that's the problem.
    It's the change of use.
    If you want to turn a single dwelling into a dual dwelling, then you need to do the paperwork.
    There are some situations were you can have a second kitchen, and its still considered original use.

Comment

Hi Mcduck,

Thanks for your reply. What are these situations and how can I prove to council that the second kitchen is part of original dwelling?

Cheers
      Neel

Comment

Originally posted by neel_saxena View Post
        Hi Mcduck,

Thanks for your reply. What are these situations and how can I prove to council that the second kitchen is part of original dwelling?

Cheers
        Neel
        A Granny flat with a family member in it.
        Change of use is defined by the Building Act > change of use regulations 2005 > Schedule 2 describes possible uses.

Comment

Thanks Mcduck, will have a look

Comment

If it doesn't have fixed cooking appliances, then it's not a kitchen.
            Portable oven and a microwave should suffice

Comment

Working...
            X