Go Fund me Project for Mike Hosking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Fund me Project for Mike Hosking.

If Mike is so keen on international travel, I say we grant his wishes.
    If anyone wants to set up a go fund me account, to pay for our air-force to fly him to a Covid infected place, and drop him out (under parachute)...
    I'll gladly donate to it.

Originally posted by McDuck View Post
    If Mike is so keen on international travel, I say we grant his wishes.
    If anyone wants to set up a go fund me account, to pay for our air-force to fly him to a Covid infected place, and drop him out (under parachute)...
    I'll gladly donate to it.
    nothing wrong with hosking, snowflakes dont like him because he doesnt treat the princess like a delicate flower

Comment

Must say they must now despise each other by now.

open a trans Tasman bubble - well not in a hurry the way things are going on in Vic. This sort of back fired a bit on Hos - he does go on a bit of a rant sometimes otherwise a very good interviewer - he preps the questions according to who is on the other end

Comment

The EU is opening up to 14 countries, including New Zealand from tomorrow.

Comment

Don't you think it's interesting that with men we call them by their surname as in 'Hosking' 'Key' 'Trump' but with women it's their first name 'Jacinda' 'Hillary' or we'll use their whole name but seldom just their surname.

-------------

I can see Hosking on a plane to Europe somewhere and he'll probably be paid for the trip too so he can write and video his experiences etc.

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
            Don't you think it's interesting that with men we call them by their surname as in 'Hosking' 'Key' 'Trump' but with women it's their first name 'Jacinda' 'Hillary' or we'll use their whole name but seldom just their surname.

-------------

I can see Hosking on a plane to Europe somewhere and he'll probably be paid for the trip too so he can write and video his experiences etc.

cheers,

Donna
            It's an interesting point.
            Possibly because there are fewer women in politics, and female first names are unusual in that arena.
            So it makes for quick identification.

One mistake people make in the he/she debate, is to misunderstand the concept of equal.
            Usually shown by the symbol =

So a certain amount of silver coins can be equal to a gold coin, yet gold and silver are not the same thing.

If we just removed all the identifiers from gender descriptions, He and She would become He and He.
            How would you find the right department in a store to buy your clothes?
            Last edited by McDuck; 02-07-2020, 08:21 AM.

Comment

One mistake people make in the he/she debate, is to misunderstand the concept of equal.
              Usually shown by the symbol =

So a certain amount of silver coins can be equal to a gold coin, yet gold and silver are not the same thing.

If we just removed all the identifiers from gender descriptions, He and She would become He and He.
              How would you find the right department in a store to buy your clothes?
              Actually you've probably noticed most women prefer to wear trousers and less 'look at me' clothing so I'm sure most would be happy without the distinction.

Interestingly only in humans is it expected of females to 'put on a show' - otherwise it's males that have to do that to attract attention...and that's the way it should be

What a relief for women that they can just wear the same thing day after day in much the same way as males without being commented on what they're wearing and objectified.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Actually you've probably noticed most women prefer to wear trousers and less 'look at me' clothing so I'm sure most would be happy without the distinction.

Interestingly only in humans is it expected of females to 'put on a show' - otherwise it's males that have to do that to attract attention...and that's the way it should be

What a relief for women that they can just wear the same thing day after day in much the same way as males without being commented on what they're wearing and objectified.

cheers,

Donna
                I guess it depends on what culture you're in and what stage of life the person is in.
                I suspect there are a fair proportion of females that are aware of the power of their sexuality and use it to get what they want.
                It's far easier to lever off know stereotypes.

Get the tight dress, the Hollywood hair, makeup and figure.
                Then the blokes don't need to think much.
                They will just Just follow the behaviors associated with these visual cues.

But to your original point.
                Prince Harry is a first name convention.
                King George.
                and so on.
                Last edited by McDuck; 02-07-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

cheers,

Donna
                  Here's a question?

What say you are a male, you know you have an easy morning routine, quick shave and shower and throw some nondescript pants on.

And you see all the work a female co worker has done in personal presentation.

You understand the skill and time it takes to apply makeup.
                  You know its taken years to develop that skill.
                  You see the work on the hairstyle, and the cost and time spent on it.
                  You appreciate the work that has gone into selecting a dress, and the work that some clothing manufacturer has gone to to create fabrics and colors.

And all of this effort and skill walks into your dull male office and brightens the place up, like a Picasso masterpiece.

You wish to express your appreciation.
                  Should you say nothing?
                  just because you will be misunderstood?
                  Just because they have been lazy in judging you, they have resorted to stereotypes?

(Yes, if a girl (who liked to dress down) walked in with a T shirt with a clever slogan, or a male walked in with a sharp suit or had been doing the gym and was looking fit, or even the cat walked in with a pigeon in it's mouth, they would all get a compliment).

(I'd be a bit conflicted about he cat, impressed, but not wanting to promote that sort of thing).
                  Last edited by McDuck; 04-07-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Women get dolled up to compete against other women to attract a male partner.

Just nature doing what it does.

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post

That's an interesting idea.

So lets assume that competition is the core of natural sexual behavior.

Then how do chimps get by?
                      Female chimps seem to be doing fine without the hair, makeup and clothes.

And if we look at baboons, we see the male has gone for the colour.

Comment

I guess it depends on what culture you're in and what stage of life the person is in.
                        I suspect there are a fair proportion of females that are aware of the power of their sexuality and use it to get what they want.
                        It's far easier to lever off know stereotypes.

Get the tight dress, the Hollywood hair, makeup and figure.
                        Then the blokes don't need to think much.
                        They will just Just follow the behaviors associated with these visual cues.

But to your original point.
                        Prince Harry is a first name convention.
                        King George.
                        and so on.
                        Yes agree with you. And interestingly it's royalty so it's not so much just Harry or George but 'Prince Harry' or 'King George'. Though an exception is 'Boris'.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post

Yes agree - it is just interesting that in nature it's mostly the 'male' who has to put on a performance.

Women needing to dolly up is just a form of control - and all it does is promote insecurity in women.

When we get older we reflect on how sucked-in we were and how relieved we are now, that it's all over.
                          Last edited by donna; 04-07-2020, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Yes agree - it is just interesting that in nature it's mostly the 'male' who has to put on a performance.

Women needing to dolly up is just a form of control - and all it does is promote insecurity in women.

When we get older we reflect on how sucked-in we were and how relieved we are now, that it's all over.
                            Well at least you weren't born in a time when the huge hoop petticoat was usual.

And no one notices that the trousers you have on are throwback to ancient horse riders.

And I think males still do put on a performance, they are called supercars in some circles, number one pop hits in another.

Comment

We will miss David Attenborough.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X