Moving a boundary. Cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a boundary. Cost?

My neighbour and I are discussing me buying a part of his land and tacking it on to mine. Does anyone know what costs would be involved?

We did this several years ago, things to consider are:
    • Agree the value with the neighbour =$X
    • Survey, create survey plan for the proposed new boundary =$1,500
    • Confirm for resource consent [need for RMA?] with local authority, for ?subdivision? =$6,000
    • Comply with the RC conditions and complete= $3,500
    • Signoff with S223/S224 Cert for Subdivision Application via Surveyor/Planner=$800
    • Engage solicitor for S&P once new titles are received, to legally transfer land=$1,000

Also, these things take longer to progress than you would expect/or think they should. Mutually beneficial discussion with your neighbour to determine a creative solution will influence the overall cost to you, given location and area involved. Surveyor companies should be able to provide a cost estimate based on your task specifics.

Comment

Thanks. Very helpful. I would have thought that a s&p agreement would be the first thing to do?

Comment

We had an agreement in principal with the price, concept, and payment schedule, signed with the neighbour, and we also paid a deposit, as a show of good faith, first. (Our lawyer wasn't happy about the trust we had demonstrated, to this point, but it outlined a commitment on both sides to get this done). We used the lawyers for the transfer, only when needed to formalize the transaction. I had understood that in order to have a S&P for the land transfer in question, one has to have an approved S223/S224 for the legal, definable land parcel to be quantified (effectively a sub-division). Again, the Surveyor/company can help with the steps for your land parcel transfer specifics. Important for us was that the outcome was mutually beneficial and that we continue to have, and be good neighbours. regards J

Comment

Working...
        X