Removing Kauri trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Kauri trees

I have 2x 7-8m high Kauri trees that are not protected and are in the way of my development.
    Will I have to pay to have them cut down and removed or is it possible someone might take them away for free (firewood?)
    Last edited by crashy; 17-06-2020, 01:45 PM.

DOC says Kauri trees on private land are now 'largely protected' so make sure you know for sure you can remove them - before you do.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by crashy View Post
      I have 2x 7-8m high Kauri trees that are not protected and are in the way of my development.
      Will I have to pay to have them cut down and removed or is it possible someone might take them away for free (firewood?)
      I am amazed that you want these kauri removed or taken away for firewood??!! So unbelievably naive or ????
      Read up on the uses and why they are so valuable and you may get a better appreciation crashy.

Take heed of Donna's comment.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Just chop them quick.
        If anyone asks - say they looked sickly and you're preventing the spread of Kauri die back disease.
        If DOC want protection - then they should be paying rent for the use of your land.
        The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Working...
        X