National has a new leader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National has a new leader.

Well this was a surprise - Simon was talking it up yesterday 'I've got this'. Any thoughts on whether Todd Muller and Nikki Kaye will pull one out of the hat come September?

Todd looks similar to Chris Luxon - a coincidence I'm sure but Todd could be could be a great ploy for the Election in 2023. i.e. give the illusion that when Chris gets the top job that he was in it longer.

Stuff

cheers,

Donna
    Last edited by donna; 22-05-2020, 04:47 PM.
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Originally posted by donna View Post
    Well this was a surprise - Simon was talking it up yesterday 'I've got this'. Any thoughts on whether Todd Muller and Nikki Kaye will pull one out of the hat come September?

Todd looks similar to Chris Luxon - a coincidence I'm sure but Todd could be could be a great ploy for the Election in 2023. i.e. give the illusion that when Chris gets the top job that he was in it longer.

Stuff

cheers,

Donna
    Spoke well at first conference

Comment

labour need to win the next election so that they have to clean up their own mess

Comment

National is going to win the next election!! this guy is not afraid to take on the false labour government!
        "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
          National is going to win the next election!! this guy is not afraid to take on the false labour government!
          from what i saw of him last night he was trying to outjacinda jacinda, next he will be going about grimacing, nodding his head and hugging people

Comment

He doesn't come across as a smarmy know it all so I like him already.
            Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

What???? Jeez y'all ............

Let a person catch their breath for goodness sake!

It's only been 3 minutes on media and you make judgement already??

Unbelievably immature.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                He doesn't come across as a smarmy know it all so I like him already.
                give him time

Comment

Be nice to hear if the gNats / Muller plan to reverse the damage done to the private residential rental sector.

I think I heard that the state house waiting list went up abut 50% in the last 12 months, as socio-commie Cindy's policies hit the sector.

Comment

National are pretty left wing now. So I doubt they will bring back any of the rent subsidies. More likely that they will introduce a CGT or even worse a wealth tax. That $200B ain't gonna pay itself.
                    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Todd Muller's pro-China comments set off alarm bells.
                      Serious support for the Hong Kong protestors would be more welcome.
                      The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

I like him - as Nikki Kaye said they needed a balance between conservative and liberal and they have now with these two. Todd spoke very well on RNZ this morning and he didn't have it all his own way. Todd had to fight his corner and did it well. There's no doubting the pedigree in the party but while Nats are clearly the better team for the rebuild - Jacinda is a shoe in as her voting public are behind her 100%. And then if that's not enough she's got the global stage to fall back on and as a communications expert she'll use it surreptitiously as a reminder 'she's got this'.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Originally posted by PC View Post
                          Todd Muller's pro-China comments set off alarm bells.
                          Serious support for the Hong Kong protestors would be more welcome.
                          Yup.

I was wondering about that.

But for another reason.

In a world were America and China have such opposing political beliefs, can you be friends with both?

Comment

It's a shame UK had to give up HK and the writing been on the wall ever since. Taiwan's days are probably numbered too. I can see China grabbing them within the next couple of years.

For NZ - we need China...more than they need us.

Why not let the Chinese students back in - it's worth billions to our economy and they can go into quarantine etc before they're let loose with mum and dads loaded up credit card. The food outlets need them, then there's the clothes, electronics etc.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

we do 40% trade with China
                              there can not be a recovery unless that market is restored? This is the reality of the real world

Comment

Working...
                              X