Tony Alexander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Alexander

Is doing his best to talk the property market up. Not sure who's pulling his strings but I'm not buying it.

Where is the post ermat?
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by ermat View Post
      Is doing his best to talk the property market up. Not sure who's pulling his strings but I'm not buying it.

I've not read his recent comments as being talking the property market up.

Rather, from what I've read, Alexander thinks there will be price declines but the overall property market will remain relatively stable with price reductions being "short-lived".

Originally posted by Tony Alexander
      Periods of price decline are rare, and they are short-lived. Opportunities to buy in a weak market don’t last long,” Alexander told Landlords.co.nz, adding that significant price declines are on the way. Still, they will “not represent the true picture for the relevant markets overall.
      Above quote reference: https://www.nzadviseronline.co.nz/ne...ly-271124.aspx
      Last edited by Sanya; 10-05-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
        Where is the post ermat?
        But a return to the likes of 5% deposit lending is not conceivable in an environment when house prices nationwide will probably fall 5% - 10% on average.

Comment

It will be interesting. We haven't had 2.99% interest before.
          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

But a return to the likes of 5% deposit lending is not conceivable in an environment when house prices nationwide will probably fall 5% - 10% on average.
            Just because you want house prices to drop 5,10,30 percent doesn't me they are.

The banks are able to manipulate the housing market and put a floor on any (major)house price declines.

They have more capital in the housing market than anybody else,including the homeowner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
              Just because you want house prices to drop 5,10,30 percent doesn't me they are.

The banks are able to manipulate the housing market and put a floor on any (major)house price declines.

They have more capital in the housing market than anybody else,including the homeowner.
              What I want is irrelevant. How can he say prices will only drop 5 -10%

Comment

I heard Tony speak at a recent webinar organised by Matthew Gilligan. He went over many different negative and insulating factors, summary was:

The immediate property outlook is for weakness. Butover 2021 strength is likely to start returning and thefocus will shift toward long-term supporting factorssuch as insufficient construction set againstpopulation growth, low interest rates, and underlyinggrowth of Auckland’s share of NZ GDP.

Comment

You mis-read what he has written then.

Comment

A lot of speculative comments and that's not how investors should work. It's about time in the market , not about timing the market.
                    Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

Working...
                    X