• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ermat View Post
    Either way. If the right opportunity came along yes.
    Part of a franchise like the Hilton that has nearly a million rooms to something small like EVT with ten thousand rooms or run it standalone ?

In light of the tourism shutdown what is the probability of price reductions in this part of the country. I am not over familiar with the area but it looks like the last few years new development has been rampant, and speculative.
    the Area has always been Boom Bust ... developers always get overextended .. personal think its going be much worse than anyone is predicting ... esp. without overseas buyers to soak up supply ..

p4operty isnt the only thing expensive in queenstown

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    the Area has always been Boom Bust ... developers always get overextended .. personal think its going be much worse than anyone is predicting ... esp. without overseas buyers to soak up supply ..
    You are Spot On

Quote Originally Posted by absoluteproperty View Post
    Tourism is dead in NZ until we can open our borders, that will only happen when we enforce the quarantine and the virus goes away globally.

The chances of that happening in the next 3 months? Unless someone in Queenstown can go 3 months+ with little to no income, they will need to sell.
    Better to let tourism die, and keep the borders closed until the Chinese Virus is history on the earth.

Time for NZ to become self-sufficient, yeah! And not do business with corrupt totalitarian regimes like China.

Close the borders, but let everyone in NZ roam free. Those who worked in tourism should change industries and careers. Start manufacturing things that Kiwis need instead of importing them.

Yay! The '70s. Maybe music will improve too.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyfinder View Post
    Better to let tourism die, and keep the borders closed until the Chinese Virus is history on the earth.

Time for NZ to become self-sufficient, yeah! And not do business with corrupt totalitarian regimes like China.

Close the borders, but let everyone in NZ roam free. Those who worked in tourism should change industries and careers. Start manufacturing things that Kiwis need instead of importing them.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
    Yay! The '70s. Maybe music will improve too.
    It's interesting you should mention the 70's as my only visit to Queenstown was 76 and it was great. Now here I am considering moving there, same old sleepy village !

It's interesting you should mention the 70's as my only visit to Queenstown was 76 and it was great. Now here I am considering moving there, same old sleepy village !
    might be a sleepy village today but you couldnt move on the streets a few weeks ago

In light of the tourism shutdown what is the probability of price reductions in this part of the country. I am not over familiar with the area but it looks like the last few years new development has been rampant, and speculative.
    To get a feel for the area, why not rent there for a 6-12 months then make a decision? I think by then you'll have a good feel for where prices are likely to head and you can make a call. You probably wont miss out on any bargains as there will always be another bargain just around the corner, I can't see us recovering quickly if there is a dive in the market.

I think Qtown will feel the effects more than most places but by how much is clairvoyant territory. The current data suggests it will be between 5 to 10% It also depends what type of property you are after, there will be types properties that will be affected worse than others within an area. I also think some effects will not be broad across the market, personal circumstances will mean there will be good deals to be had even if the wider market does not move much. Proper due diligence will reveal where these bargains are.

Thread Information