• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    What defines a depression as opposed to a recession?
    We have a recession already don't we - so when will it become a depression?
    Recession is when your neighbour loses his job.
    Depression is when you lose yours.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Ha ha.
    So no recession as, unfortunately, won't be losing my job any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Love it!!! Lucky I don't have a job to lose$

A short clip and something to ponder while you wonder what to do with your day.

https://youtu.be/Kw3lt5qBppE

Yeah the opposite of South Africa who have banned the sale of cigarettes and alcohol during the lockdown. 101 on how to start a riot!

See on NZH the prediction on COVID-19 deaths could be at worst 14K - 20K I suspect we'll get more media releases like this to prepare us for a longer lockdown. If the peak isn't expected to July that's 3 months away! As you say, it's life not as we know it.

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalk Blog - property articles - About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

It's good to get another intelligent point of view instead of having it forced upon us by mainstream media and government officials.
    For the record I am no fan of Facebook either.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...099539778&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
    It's not easy to explain.

It goes to the very heart of counting.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the idea in my head, across to yours, using language.

Just to show I'm not totally making things up, i'll say that Bertrand Russell had a glimmer of it when he came up with Russell's paradox.

So, most people think that when you count from One to Two, you only do a single thing.
    That thing is the adding of a single unit.

But its not right.

There is a second thing happening at the same time.

But it's hidden.

Your mind is distracted using the same technique a magician or pickpocket might use.
    Exploiting a weakness of the human mind to only think about one thing ait a time.

Hmmmmm...Are you saying 1 unit plus 1 other unit equals 2 units or 1 larger inflated unit.

So I wonder what would happen if we added an extra 500 million units to our monetary system every week for 52 weeks?

https://www.interest.co.nz/banking/1...lowing-through

The RBNZ will offer up to $500 million a week as a part of this programme. It will review the programme in 12 months’ time or sooner if demand diminishes.

The RBNZ on March 23 launched a Large Scale Asset Purchase or quantitative easing programme.
    It will buy up to $30 billion of New Zealand Government bonds over 12 months on the secondary market (IE from banks and others that already hold these bonds).

WEALTH IS GENERATIONAL...LIKE DEBT AND TAXES.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffa View Post
    Yep everyone's position is different I like blue collar suburbs, I have my eye on a property in ChCh and 1 in South Auckland.
    Chch asking 479k finance at 3% interest only $14370 per year Rent is $470 pw $24,440 per year. Theres a shit load around in Chch.

South Auckland 620k interest only at 3%$18600
    Rent is 580pw $30,160 per year.
    These 2 alone will put $200 pw in my pocket for more toilet paper.

In 5 years those properties will double ...its going to get worse for first time home buyers...vote Labour they will save you with hugs and kindness..and end up being broke.
    Another reason which will affect house price growth in South Auckland besides good yields for now is alot of people who own or live in apartments and are imprisoned in ther small cell or even small townhouses over the next month or 2 will be mentally scarred & will yearn for a back yard.
    South Auckland to be one of the big movers over the next few years..unfortunately pushing south side locals to the apartments which will end up being the new gettos of this New ..New Zealand to arise from the ashes of the Beer virus.

https://www.landlords.co.nz/article/...and-skyrockets

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/120...cid=app-iPhone

Now that The Warehouse etc are now trading online, its opened the gate for talk of the building industry to try do the same, not sure if they will have much luck with Hitlar in charge.
    "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

Quote Originally Posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/120...cid=app-iPhone

Now that The Warehouse etc are now trading online, its opened the gate for talk of the building industry to try do the same, not sure if they will have much luck with Hitlar in charge.
    I doubt there going to let builders out we have to remember this is a world wide depression many people will be hurt.

This is only the beginning unfortunately.

All we can do is try support local businesses when we are released from our cages .

Thread Information