• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

A bright note in the Sunday News. 50 people in NZ have recovered.

I have not seen any NZ deaths reported. Anyone else?

Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Probably because all the elderly are so shit scared of going ANYWHERE! Remember they are the demographic most at risk. It will attack them first if in fact this virus is as bad as the government is telling everyone.
    Last edited by donna; 29-03-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    Looking at the covid19 clock we can see that the death rate is comparable to the common flu. The actual death rate is between 0 to 0.2%, incredibly small for the following countries:Iceland, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore, Sth AFRICA, Australia. NZ.. Other countries like Italy and Spain only have much higher death rates due to their much greater ageing population and many preexisting health conditions, coupled with bad smog in Northern Italy where most of the cases were reported. Italy has 3x respiratory problems as other European countries.

The lockdown in NZ will cause us much greater deaths and business failure. This Govt like many others around the world have bought into the hysteria

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Wow, a very common sense commentary, can we all share this to our friends and family so that common sense prevails and not this fear driven mantra by Jacinda and mates!
    "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

Healthcare fails don't win elections, so I think the lockdown is the right action and what's interesting is thousands are still expected to die in NZ due to coronavirus and that's with the lockdown and I think if we didn't have it - it would be 20,000. Jacinda is not going to lose the election because of the lockdown, but she could have lost it if she didn't do it.

The business failure is the most worrying outcome as NZ is all about small businesses. It will be up to us though to support NZ business and when the lockdown lifts - I recommend choosing your local businesses over AUSSIE owned supermarkets.

Let's choose local - it's up to us the consumer to make the difference and put $$ into NZ businesses.

AUSSIE treats NZ residents poorly even through they pay taxes and they're not included in the coronavirus support. Plus, when it's time to show some empathy Scotty boy ignores Jacinda on the issue. We need to put our money where our mouth is and just do it aye.

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalk Blog - property articles - About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Have read some commentary around the world and by all accounts this recession will be bigger that the great depression in the 1930s, so yes this one is going to be BIG!

If i was the government I would get people back to work ASAP, this lockdown is no going to make it easy for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by donna View Post
    What's interesting is thousands are still expected to die in NZ due to coronavirus and that's with the lockdown and I think if we didn't have it - it would be 20,000.
    Where has that notion sprung from?

Quote Originally Posted by donna View Post
    The business failure is the most worrying outcome as NZ is all about small businesses. It will be up to us though to support NZ business and when the lockdown lifts - I recommend choosing your local businesses over AUSSIE owned supermarkets.
    As all food outlets are open, what are you getting at?

As I see it, the biggest opportunistic rip-off is the Oz-owned banks. (Seemingly endorsed by taxcindarella tooth fairy). From what I can tell, the so-called mortgage holiday accrues interest and delays the final payt. date. Meantime, the banks get their money, in full, plus a bit more interest.

If taxcindarella tooth fairy et al can 'emergency legislate' against LLs in favour of tenants, why can't they 'emergency legislate' against banks in favour of mortgage holders?

Might be because the gummint's bank is an Oz-owned entity. Or that taxcindarella tooth fairy et al are terrified of the Oz-owned banks?

The aspect that most concerns me is that the colossal economic fall-out will not be shared equitably. Colloquially, those at the bottom of the socio-economic heap will suffer significantly and the most. Small & medium-sized businesses and lower waged / salaried earners are bearing the brunt. 80% of their usual wage / salary is all the displaced workers get during their workplace shutdown. The missing 20% is irrecoverable and will hurt. Parliament has been suspended for a month. I see no offer from our representatives to accept a 20% pay cut while on holiday.

I see no significant signs of discount - even deferment, or reining in expenditure - relief from the Rates levied by generally avaricious councils. Or any utility suppliers offering charges reductions. I.e. Telecons and electricity suppliers.

As the old Chinese saying has it: interesting times.

BTW, I'm sceptical of the foreign statistics that abound. Especially those coming from Chairman Mao's mates. One thing that the communist Chinese are unparalleled at is smiling, bare-faced lying.
    Last edited by Perry; 01-04-2020 at 09:47 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    Probably because all the elderly are so shit scared of going ANYWHERE! Remember they are the demographic most at risk. It will attack them first if in fact this virus is as bad as the government is telling everyone.
    The 'official' charts beg to differ.

Keep in mind that those are simple numbers, it seems. No adjustments for proportion of the NZ population by percentage, unfortunately.

That aside, the twenty-year-olds do seem to need to be worried. (Compared to the 60+ age brackets.)
    Last edited by Perry; 29-03-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Where has that notion sprung from?

As all food outlets are open, what are you getting at?

As I see it, the biggest opportunistic rip-off is the Oz-owned banks. (Seemingly endorsed by taxcindarella tooth fairy). From what I can tell, the so-called mortgage holiday accrues interest and delays the final payt. date. Meantime, the banks get their money, if full, plus a bit more interest.

If taxcindarella tooth fairy et al can 'emergency legislate' against LLs in favour of tenants, why can't they 'emergency legislate' against banks in favour of mortgage holders?

Might be because the gummint's bank is an Oz-owned entity. Or that taxcindarella tooth fairy et al are terrified of the Oz-owned banks?

The aspect that most concerns me is that the colossal economic fall-out will not be shared equitably. Colloquially, those at the bottom of the socio-economic heap will suffer significantly and the most. Small & medium-sized businesses and lower waged / salaried earners are bearing the brunt. 80% of their usual wage / salary is all the displaced workers get during their workplace shutdown. The missing 20% is irrecoverable and will hurt. Parliament has been suspended for a month. I see no offer from our representatives to accept a 20% pay cut while on holiday.

I see no significant signs of discount - even deferment, or reining in expenditure - relief from the Rates levied by generally avaricious councils. Or any utility suppliers offering charges reductions. I.e. Telecons and electricity suppliers.

As the old Chinese saying has it: interesting times.

BTW, I'm sceptical of the foreign statistics that abound. Especially those coming from Chairman Mao's mates. One thing that the communist Chinese are unparalleled at is smiling, bare-faced lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    The 'official' charts beg to differ.

Keep in mind that those are simple numbers, it seems. No adjustments for proportion of the NZ population by percentage, unfortunately.

That aside, the twenty-year-olds do seem to need to be worried. (Compared to the 60+ age brackets.)
    Remember that at this point in time, most cases are in returning travellers. The minority are relatives or community based, thus this chart could change if community spread becomes larger - now that we like to concentrate many of our wiser / older / more vulnerable in the same locations (rest homes, retirement villages). I am trusting that NZ has acted early and will stop the transmission FOR NOW. Heaven only knows how some of the small businesses will ever recover, the financial pain will have crippled many. I have already seen two go down and another really good business under threat ("saveable" IF the lock-down doesn't extend and really money can flow easily).

Quote Originally Posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    Have read some commentary around the world and by all accounts this recession will be bigger that the great depression in the 1930s, so yes this one is going to be BIG!
    Some people would say that might be scare mongering.

What is the logic put forward by those people?

Thread Information