• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bpkeng View Post
    I have a vacant property which has been advertised for rent but due to the lockdown now, there won't be a chance to get anyone in for the foreseeable future, at least 8 weeks. I haven't read anywhere about this case - is it something that could be claimed insurance or is there something that the government can help with?

Thanks.
    Have you read your insurance policy ?
    Every policy is different so we can't comment.
    Yes the government and the banks have worked out something to help you .
    Apply for a mortgage holiday or loan .
    That will assist your cash shortfall

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    Thanks Keys.

I offer a lawn and garden service which is usually included in the TA. This is due to the fact that I've had problems in the past with tenants that say they'll take care of the lawns themselves.
    It can become somewhat of a health and safety issue if the lawns and garden are left unattended for sometime. They become out of kilter with the rest of the property and then out of bounds, unusable. That's where my thinking and experience lies.
    Agreed, the lawns can get high. It is almost April and we are approaching the colder months. I suggest it would be an unusual lawn which grew 30cm in the next few months.

One of my jobs is an essential service. I see what essential is all the time. Under the circumstances whereby grieving relatives are forbidden to see their loved ones to the grave, mowing lawns is way down there. Health and safety is an oft used excuse for getting one's own way. Running in long grass is fine. No health and safety issues unless someone leaves a trap in the "meadow".

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    Current stats 28.3.20 on Covid-19, of countries close to 0% death rate :
    Saudi Arabia 562 cases 0 deaths
    Singapore 732 cases 2 deaths
    Iceland 802 cases 1 death
    Australia 3166 cases 13 deaths
    South Africa 1170 cases 2 deaths
    Qatar 549 cases 0 deaths
    NZ 451 cases 0 deaths
    All the stats are a week old. Every person testing positive today was infected a week ago. How many new people have these new cases infected between then and now?

From the 100 cases NZ had a week ago two people are in ICU today.
    Of the 450 cases we have today 9-12 will need ICU beds next week.
    How many new cases next week will need ventilators and ICU beds the week after that?

We have only so many ICU beds and ventilators. Once a critical patient's hooked up they're on it for two-three weeks. What happens when there's more critical patients than ventilators?

The lockdown limits the spread drastically. The longer people ignore the rules the more damage to the economy, job losses, economy collapse, depression, suicides, postponed elective surgeries, etc.

Trump is trying to put the economy ahead of the virus. How will that work when a quarter of his workforce is sick in bed. 16,800 new cases on Wednesday. 18,500 yesterday.

Fix the virus first. Then fix the economy.

Looking at the covid19 clock we can see that the death rate is comparable to the common flu. The actual death rate is between 0 to 0.2%, incredibly small for the following countries:Iceland, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore, Sth AFRICA, Australia. NZ.. Other countries like Italy and Spain only have much higher death rates due to their much greater ageing population and many preexisting health conditions, coupled with bad smog in Northern Italy where most of the cases were reported. Italy has 3x respiratory problems as other European countries.

The lockdown in NZ will cause us much greater deaths and business failure. This Govt like many others around the world have bought into the hysteria

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

This is a very interesting article especially the first 2 videos. German scientist says the lockdown is a grotesque over reaction to Covid-19 :

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/24/...EuYxLFFca_rzrQ

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    All the stats are a week old. Every person testing positive today was infected a week ago. How many new people have these new cases infected between then and now?

From the 100 cases NZ had a week ago two people are in ICU today.
    Of the 450 cases we have today 9-12 will need ICU beds next week.
    How many new cases next week will need ventilators and ICU beds the week after that?

We have only so many ICU beds and ventilators. Once a critical patient's hooked up they're on it for two-three weeks. What happens when there's more critical patients than ventilators?

The lockdown limits the spread drastically. The longer people ignore the rules the more damage to the economy, job losses, economy collapse, depression, suicides, postponed elective surgeries, etc.

Trump is trying to put the economy ahead of the virus. How will that work when a quarter of his workforce is sick in bed. 16,800 new cases on Wednesday. 18,500 yesterday.

Fix the virus first. Then fix the economy.
    From 2018..It's no different to any other influenza
    https://www-newshub-co-nz.cdn.amppro...-have-flu.html
    "It means we have less beds available to allow us to do complicated operations like heart surgery," Dr Young says.

My Wife is a nurse at middlemore, she says its no busier, if anything its quite but she said she is not allowed to discuss hospital matters.

According to Worldometer the death rate from infection is currently about 4.5% globally. (
    601,519 infected,27,441 dead)
    As I said, we are seeing those who were infected a week ago. What will the numbers look like in a week from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    According to Worldometer the death rate from infection is currently about 4.5% globally. (
    601,519 infected,27,441 dead)
    As I said, we are seeing those who were infected a week ago. What will the numbers look like in a week from now?
    Influenza has 3.5 million annually epidemics which
    results in 250,000 to 500,000 deaths worldwide..mainly elderly and those with underlying health issues...every year..I repeat EVERY YEAR...China is already over 90% back to work...Why don't we shut the world down for influenza?
    https://www.medscape.com/answers/219...e-of-influenza

I agree that the response has been to over the top but we're in it now and it's not going to be relaxed until the infections drop to near zero. Which isn't going to happen for a while if people keep going ignoring the rules to go mow their tenants lawns.

Interesting question for landlords. If income drops by 30% due to virus, they should be able to apply for the 12 week wage subsidy as self employed. Possibly at the part time rate. Shouldn't they? I would say it is worth applying, keeping good records in case spot checked.

The gov site says that people with more than one job can apply more than once. See FAQs at this link for details.

https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/pr...wers.html#null

Thread Information