• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffa View Post
    You guys are looking at this situation all wrong..Im so excited about this beer virus!!..while you are all feeling sorry for yourself Im already in talks with vendors..im sneaking out of my prison to see an investment property next week!...$$$
    An essential activity?
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffa View Post
    You guys are looking at this situation all wrong..Im so excited about this beer virus!!..while you are all feeling sorry for yourself Im already in talks with vendors..im sneaking out of my prison to see an investment property next week!...$$$
    Beer virus (giggles to one self) you are naughty going against the current control narrative. Shame on you!
    "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    An essential activity?
    Essential for my net worth $

Default In general, it's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    I really think this comes from the government, what is so wrong with mum and dad investors saving for their retirement, the government mistakenly sees this as greed and not a forced retirement fund. They want everyone the same unless you are uber rich in that case you are too smart for the commies.
    The sociopathic-commies don't want people to think for themselves. That's a danger to them;
    People who look after themselves and their future don't vote for the sociopathic-commies;
    Rather than lift up those at the bottom, (as they say), the sociopathic-commies actually want to drag down those at the top;
    Because that's where the people are who vote for the sociopathic-commies.

The last thing the sociopathic-commies want to do is to socially engineer themselves into redundancy.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    The sociopathic-commies don't want people to think for themselves. That's a danger to them;
    People who look after themselves and their future don't vote for the sociopathic-commies;
    Rather than lift up those at the bottom, (as they say), the sociopathic-commies actually want to drag down those at the top;
    Because that's where the people are who vote for the sociopathic-commies.

The last thing the sociopathic-commies want to do is to socially engineer themselves into redundancy.
    And what has become even more important is to not rely on governments, bankers and anyone associated with them moving forward, hard to do without borrowing unless you are self made. (insert elites)
    "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    Aha Keys play the man, not the ball. Anything away from that is not constructive.
    Absolutely valid statement. I formally apologize for my comments. Let us discuss the issue of essential services then. Given that some tenants survive without ever mowing their lawns, how can you categorize lawn mowing as essential?

The Aussies say Hairdressing is an essential service and get this - you were allowed in the salon for 30 mins and people complained it wasn't long enough so Scott has taken that time restriction away - WT..

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalk Blog - property articles - About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Quote Originally Posted by Frezzinghot View Post
    And what has become even more important is to not rely on governments, bankers and anyone associated with them moving forward, hard to do without borrowing unless you are self made. (insert elites)
    Banks and bankers go with whatever the government of the day is.
    They are totally apolitical and bmoneyed.

Default Vacancy due to lockdown

I have a vacant property which has been advertised for rent but due to the lockdown now, there won't be a chance to get anyone in for the foreseeable future, at least 8 weeks. I haven't read anywhere about this case - is it something that could be claimed insurance or is there something that the government can help with?

Thanks.

Thanks Keys.

I offer a lawn and garden service which is usually included in the TA. This is due to the fact that I've had problems in the past with tenants that say they'll take care of the lawns themselves.
    It can become somewhat of a health and safety issue if the lawns and garden are left unattended for sometime. They become out of kilter with the rest of the property and then out of bounds, unusable. That's where my thinking and experience lies.

It's early days yet but unless the service contractor resumes, I'm not sure what I will need to do. Possibly borrow a lawnmower and do it myself.
    It seems odd if the council have cancelled their own lawnmowing for the reserves and parks. It's going to look a real mess sooner or later if that's the case.

As for Covid-19 here are some thoughts that may be better established in another thread at some stage :

let's get some perspective

Current stats 28.3.20 on Covid-19, of countries close to 0% death rate :

Saudi Arabia 562 cases 0 deaths

Singapore 732 cases 2 deaths

Iceland 802 cases 1 death

Australia 3166 cases 13 deaths

South Africa 1170 cases 2 deaths

Qatar 549 cases 0 deaths

NZ 451 cases 0 deaths

Interestingly Iceland has no lockdown, just an advisory to stay home if possible. This is I believe the best route for NZ to take.

Then in contrast Ireland 1819 cases, 19 deaths.. Still only around 2% fatality rate. Greater aged population again.

Italy and Spain have large aged populations. Virtually All those dying had compromised health situations. Northern Italy where most cases were reported has a huge smog problem similar to Wuhan. The virus attacks the respiratory system. Italy has 3x respiratory problems than anywhere else in europe.

Can you now see a better perspective and realise the lockdown imposed will cost hundreds of more lives than the virus itself as job loss, economy collapse, depression, suicides, postponed elective surgery etc?

Thread Information