• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Default Hypocrisy Alert

After consistently vilifying them all, the Minister for Denigrating LLs, FarGonBoy asks LLs to be sympathetic to the plight of those who vote for him. I.e. Tenants. (Or not wanting to choke on the notion, hides his request behind a hapless public servant, sycophant or other W'gton woodenhead.)

After saying everyone must pitch in to help, Taxcindarella eventually, belatedly and under pressure announces a pay, allowances and superannuation cut for all MPs. (cough; choke; gasp; wheeze.)

Later, the same for public servants.

The chairman of Local Gummint NZ announces that all councils will reduce rates by 25% (while increasing staff & councillor pay by the same percentage) I.e. No Rates savings for Ratepayers.

Councils announce free parking outside pharmacies.

The NZ-resident Boards of Directors and CEOs of NZ financial institutions (incl. banks!) announce a 50% pay cut to their remuneration for six months.

Watercare announces a zero per cubic metre water supply price until 31 October, 2020. (After which there will be a price increase.)

The Minister of Disease (sorry, health) announces the suspension of the $5 prescription fee until after the next election.

Taxcindarella announces the postponement of the General Election until whenever. (Public health safety will be the reason given; the reality will be an extension of tenure for the current crop of drone house klowns.)

Every outfit involved in the generation, supply and distribution of electricity announces a price freeze. (A price reduction? You what? Silly you! If we did that, it would reduce the stealth tax (dividend) we pay to the gummint.)

Proposed RTA amendments are postponed until further notice.

I'm sure to have missed lots.

Please add your own!
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Default Corvid 19 economic effects

We have just instituted a cancellation policy on all physical inspections. We are now looking to virtual inspections.

Looking to an account on Zoom as we can get recordings of the inspection.

Keep safe out there.
    Last edited by Perry; 23-03-2020 at 05:35 PM. Reason: formatting

Default It's Started

At 1.00pm today (Mon 23 Mar) the Prime Minister, Jacinda Ardern, announced that New Zealand will shut down in two days time.

- All non-essential businesses must close in 48 hours. This includes bars, restaurants, cinemas, playgrounds.
    - Essential services will remain open.
    - All indoor and outdoor events are banned.
    - Schools will close from tomorrow.
    - All of these measures will remain in place for four weeks.

I heard something about tenancy terminations and a rent freeze, but that was hearsay.

What's an essential service, I wonder?
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Rent freeze not hearsay. Posted a separste thread on this a bit earlier as it felt like a pretty significant move, but perhaps it belongs in this thread.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12319116

Finance Minister Grant Robertson said LLs will temporarily be unable to raise rents in a bid to provide relief to renters facing reduced working hours or job losses as a result of the coronavirus downturn.
    Just how any LL would think that raising rents would provide relief to tenants escapes me. (Are the media and/or Robsome that stupid?)

"The second decision we have taken today is to freeze rent increases and to look to extend no-cause terminations to protect people during this difficult time. We will release more details of how we will operationalise that in the coming days."
    There's that lie again! (Yes, Robsome's lips were moving.) There is always a cause, Robsome. It is simply not provided.

As for that horrible ersatz word, "operationalise," a full frontal lobotomy may help Robsome out, there.

No. The current crisis is no excuse. No excuse at all.

Now - with eager anticipation, we await a Council Rates freeze.

Or better yet, a General Rates Order Decrease. (Anyone member Rob Muldoon and MRP?)

Then to be followed by a General Income & Company Tax Rates Order Decrease.

Then a General MPs Pay & Allowances Order Decrease. (For at least two weeks. )

Dream on.

Default Gummint Ageism Discrimination

Monday 23 March 8.00pm.

One has to wonder. Go to the gummint's 'official' web site for the latest updates on the Covid-19 virus and . . .

Next-to-nothing. No definitive list of dos and don'ts.

Instead, web page visitors get pointed to faecesbook, shitstagram, pootube or crapchat or some other equally as unofficial and unreliable web site.

WTF?

Over 65?

Seems that Taxcindarella and co have adopted the "Italian model."

I.e. If you don't have a computer or account with faecesbook, shitstagram, pootube, crapchat, or the like, please go away and die quietly.

Bloody appalling!

MJ Savage must be spinning in his grave.

Regarding rent freezes. What about ones that were notified to the tenant and already set in motion, that have not yet kicked in, before the announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    We have just instituted a cancellation policy on all physical inspections. We are now looking to virtual inspections.

Looking to an account on Zoom as we can get recordings of the inspection.

Keep safe out there.
    Sounds like virtual reality. This is a national emergency. Life during wartime even 😞.
    I'm just giving all mine a break till this situation becomes less aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by absoluteproperty View Post
    Hi Donna, I asked on another thread but you may not have seen, are you able to PM me your builders details? I have a 2-3hr job in the city outside of the scope of my abilities.
    Our builder firm is Kapiti based and really busy on 'big' projects - new builds etc (they have a lot of builders working for them) so I don't believe they'd be in for a 3 hour job in Wellington.
    PropertyTalk Blog - property articles - About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Thread Information