• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
Results 271 to 278 of 278
  1. #271

    Default

    Covid be damned – the market is booming


    So goes the headline from this article

    https://www.landlords.co.nz/article/...ket-is-booming


    National median house increase by 16.4% year-on-year for July.

    Half of the regional markets saw double-digit year-on-year increases and hit record median prices.

    Auckland’s median house price increased by 16.0% to a new record high of $950,000 from $819,000 at the same time last year.

    The number of properties sold nationwide in August increased by 24.8% from the same time last year.

    Economists retract their estimates of sharp declines in property values.


    Reasons cited, record low interest rates, the removal of LVRs and the lack of listings. One might also add that money is chasing worthwhile gain - something that is not possible by bank deposits. Moreover, I also imagine some of the $3 billion that will hit the market after the wind up of Bonus Bonds will find its way into property.



  2. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hastings
    Posts
    15,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
    Economists retract their estimates of sharp declines in property values.
    That's no comfort. How many were stupid or foolish enough to heed the dubious prognostications of the after-the-fact soothsayers, anyway?
    Last edited by Perry; 11-09-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
    Why is it that you have it all backwards?

    I went for a walk yesterday in a large public space.
    I wore a mask the whole time.

    I didn't wear it out of fear.
    I've got a constitution like a horse.
    I wore it in case I had contracted the virus and might accidentally cough or sneeze at some poor child or older person that passed me by.

    It seemed a relatively small inconvenience, in order to save someone else a world of suffering.

    Self centered people seem blind to anything but self centered behavior.
    It's the most humorous form of cognitive bias,
    very destructive.
    I can see that you are a highly virtuous person. I'm wondering, how long do you think you can keep up the mask wearing? Will you always wear a mask whenever you leave the house? Or whenever you invite someone over? How will you eat and drink with others while wearing a mask - will you give that up? Do you ensure your mask is hospital graded and sealed at the sides? For how long will you keep wearing a mask when you go near others? Will you wear it for the rest of your life in order to never infect anyone with anything?
    Last edited by propertyfinder; 12-09-2020 at 01:03 AM.


  4. #274
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by propertyfinder View Post
    I can see that you are a highly virtuous person. However, if you want to be 100% sure to never cause anyone illness or any degree of any kind of harm, the only way to do this would be to build a bunker and stay in it until you die, never leaving and never seeing another person.

    Life lived in isolation and without risk is not worth living at all.
    A false premise. By isolating oneself forever, any good they may intentionally or unintentionally do in the world would not happen. If at any point in your life you will bring happiness or joy to someone otherwise unhappy or joyless, your absence does a degree or kind of harm.

    But on top of the false premise, this is a poor argument. McDuck never said he would do anything to avoid harm to others; he said he'd be happy to inconvenience himself a little in order to do so. As we all should be happy to, COVID or otherwise.
    AAT Accounting Services - Property Specialist - [email protected]
    Fixed price fees and quick knowledgeable service for property investors & traders!

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by propertyfinder View Post
    .. I'm wondering, how long do you think you can keep up the mask wearing? Will you always wear a mask whenever you leave the house? Or whenever you invite someone over? How will you eat and drink with others while wearing a mask - will you give that up? Do you ensure your mask is hospital graded and sealed at the sides? For how long will you keep wearing a mask when you go near others? Will you wear it for the rest of your life in order to never infect anyone with anything?
    That's a very interesting question.
    Thank you for asking it.

    Personally, I see it as a matter of statistics.
    If I wear a mask half the time, I'm making life hard for the virus half the time.
    The more effort I put in, the more I stonewall it.

    Strangely, I don't even see that the virus has less right to survive than a human cell.
    It's very likely that a human cell is nothing more than an evolved virus /bacteria combination*
    So really, it's just a microscopic turf war between relatives.

    Unfortunately, in order to reproduce, this particular creature destroys human cells, and does it rather well.
    It's either us or them.
    I choose us.

    .see.
    https://theconversation.com/first-an...-viruses-71202
    Last edited by McDuck; 12-09-2020 at 09:02 AM.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
    That's a very interesting question.
    Thank you for asking it.

    Personally, I see it as a matter of statistics.
    If I wear a mask half the time, I'm making life hard for the virus half the time.
    The more effort I put in, the more I stonewall it.

    Strangely, I don't even see that the virus has less right to survive than a human cell.
    It's very likely that a human cell is nothing more than an evolved virus /bacteria combination*
    So really, it's just a microscopic turf war between relatives.

    Unfortunately, in order to reproduce, this particular creature destroys human cells, and does it rather well.
    It's either us or them.
    I choose us.

    .see.
    https://theconversation.com/first-an...-viruses-71202
    You contradict yourself Mr Mcduck, I was of the belief that your wishes and desires of the extreme left create a virus to wipe out half of humanity so the likes of yourself and James Shaw may frolic freely amongst deserted property.

    Leaving yourself to create the new world in your own vision.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffa View Post
    You contradict yourself Mr Mcduck, I was of the belief that your wishes and desires of the extreme left create a virus to wipe out half of humanity so the likes of yourself and James Shaw may frolic freely amongst deserted property.

    Leaving yourself to create the new world in your own vision.
    I like the idea of NOT killing ALL the trees, as the air they produce is needed for our type of life.
    It's the catalyst that enables us to have great thoughts and fast movements.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM_CgtFORzw

    I wouldn't call myself a Greenie though.
    Last edited by McDuck; 13-09-2020 at 09:18 AM.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hastings
    Posts
    15,640

    Default It What?

    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First Covid-19 rent reduction request received
    By mrsaneperson in forum Tenant Stuff (NZ)
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 03-09-2020, 12:14 AM
  2. Covid 19 & mortgage documents.
    By ReelBuzz in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-03-2020, 10:29 AM
  3. Knock on effects of benefit cuts
    By Realist in forum General (NZ)
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 12:09 PM
  4. Europe struggles to avoid effects of a U.S. downturn
    By muppet in forum World in General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 12:45 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-10-2006, 11:21 AM
  6. Effects of a nasty new virus
    By sarahk in forum Forum Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-05-2006, 08:26 PM
  7. flow on effects of floating rates
    By Monid in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-10-2004, 02:41 PM
  8. The Effects of Rate Rises in Aust.
    By muppet in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-01-2004, 08:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •