LL Absent from NZ For 22 Days or More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LL Absent from NZ For 22 Days or More

Have any forumites been through the process described?

16A Landlord must have agent if out of New Zealand for longer than 21 consecutive days

What a bloody nausea!

Interpretation
    agent, in relation to any person who is a landlord or a tenant, means an agent of that person in that person’s capacity as landlord or tenant; and includes an employee of that person in that person’s capacity as landlord or tenant

That's not a new rule so you should get some response - though is it likely 'quietly does it' has been the mode operandi by holidaying Landlords Perry?

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I appreciate it's nothing new - that section - but I've only experienced it in 2019. Appointing an agent seems simple. It's not. Far from it.

Comment

Yes ….I was outside NZ for 10 years on and off.
        Used a company for some ...used a friend for others.
        Never had any problems......that being said the S#$* never hit the fan. If it had of, maybe I would have a different story to tell

Cheers
        Spaceman

Comment

Section 16A is relatively new, so would not have applied, way back then.

Comment

As I see it, the problem is this:
            The legislation only states that the bond centre must be informed. However, it also clarifies that it should be done so "in the correct form."
            However, people have been misreading it as "on the correct form" and assuming this imaginary form to be the bond lodgement one.
            Thus, many people believe that the "change of landlord" must be enacted, the bond changed over and then changed back almost as soon as they get around to doing it.
            My blog. From personal experience.
            http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
              Section 16A is relatively new, so would not have applied, way back then.
              Are you calling me old?????......how very dare you

Cheers
              Spaceman

Comment

What's Wrong With a PoA?

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
                As I see it, the problem is this:
                The legislation only states that the bond centre must be informed. However, it also clarifies that it should be done so "in the correct form."
                However, people have been misreading it as "on the correct form" and assuming this imaginary form to be the bond lodgement one.
                Thus, many people believe that the "change of landlord" must be enacted, the bond changed over and then changed back almost as soon as they get around to doing it.
                I went through all that - as the agent. The LL was told it was necessary by Tenant Services. Change of LL; change of bond; tenant counter-signing, lodgement, etc., etc. All had to be done twice. When the LL left for o'seas and when the LL returned.

Gotta keep them bureaucrats busy pushing paper around, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  The LL was told it was necessary by Tenant Services.
                  Do you think that the day will ever come that TS will consistently give the right advice?

Honestly, where is people's logic? If a whole change of LL were necessary, the legislation would say so.
                  My blog. From personal experience.
                  http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X