Bad tenants for neighbours in unit title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erinak View Post
    Oh Crikey. I thought for all your concern you were the owner. Apologies.
    What's with the owner? They gone AWOL huh?
    I am an owner, in a residential village with body corp. Not less than a few meters an executive house became all of a sudden a doss house. Of course I am concerned. I reckon I lost at least 100k value if I sold (thought about it) due to those shite tenants, and due to half-arsed property managers who did no pre-check of the tenants or issue body corp rules, and the useless committee system with a useless administrator firm only good at taking management fees. Then you have the eviction that doesn't really mean that. I wonder if the TT tells tenants that they can stay additional few weeks' rent-free while waiting for the bailiff ... Yes, the LL I never see.
    Look, I have learned something. In the eyes of the TT will be very hard to evict from breaking B/C rules, speeding, noise... I thought opposite. So, need a solicitor to help alter the TT judgements.
    I am confused about the filing fees for the TT. I see on the awards it is like $20.44 or so but in the website is 800 dollars. What is the story?
    Last edited by AndyB; 17-03-2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      I am an owner, in a residential village with body corp. Not less than a few meters an executive house became all of a sudden a doss house. Of course I am concerned. I reckon I lost at least 100k value if I sold (thought about it) due to those shite tenants, and due to half-arsed property managers who did no pre-check of the tenants or issue body corp rules, and the useless committee system with a useless administrator firm only good at taking management fees. Then you have the eviction that doesn't really mean that. I wonder if the TT tells tenants that they can stay additional few weeks' rent-free while waiting for the bailiff ... Yes, the LL I never see.
      Look, I have learned something. In the eyes of the TT will be very hard to evict from breaking B/C rules, speeding, noise... I thought opposite. So, need a solicitor to help alter the TT judgements.
      I am confused about the filing fees for the TT. I see on the awards it is like $20.44 or so but in the website is 800 dollars. What is the story?
      If only landlords were able to like - issue a 90 day notice - but that wouldn't be "fair". Hope you all enjoy those new feral tenants for life as neighbours!
      The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by PC View Post
        If only landlords were able to like - issue a 90 day notice - but that wouldn't be "fair". Hope you all enjoy those new feral tenants for life as neighbours!
        Absolutely they have to be accountable. I guess the rent arrears still stands with any new regs ....? Maybe bad behaviour goes hand in hand with money issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
          ... I am confused about the filing fees for the TT. I see on the awards it is like $20.44 or so but in the website is 800 dollars. What is the story?
          There are two different application fee structures. The $20.44 one is for standard tenancy arrangements. The higher ones are for body corp related applications.

One reason for the difference, apart from probable complexity, will be that return on lodged bonds pays for most of the TT standard application fee.

Comment

With bailiffs all off work the notified tenants have managed to have access to the property during the L4 period. A decent townhouse, I hear there is graffiti on the walls now, and there is rubbish all around.

Comment

A but of an update. Cleaners came and I believe is a bigger issue so I think meth got into everything. Property is still vacant. I myself out of curiosity did a TT search and found the ex tenant had already case with TT. People need to check the PM can do the job properly before engaging them with such an asset. Fancy a PM not even screening a tenant.

Comment

Working...
              X