Yet Another Terrible Tenant Tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Terrible Tenant Tale

This item has more than a few ramifications. Starting at the end, why was the Minister not asked to comment? I wonder if Andrew King thought to suggest the media approach the Housing Munster woodenheads for comment. Overall, quite a scary tale that will do nothing to help the housing crisis.

Landlords battle to get tenants to leave property
    26 Feb 2020

But, but... "fairness".
    And rich pr**k LLs with their chinky sounding names don't vote for the COL anyway.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

I'd say that's an exception and doesn't prove the rule.
      Bit like the tales of really bad LLs doesn't mean they all are.
      What % of cases would this cover I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        I'd say that's an exception and doesn't prove the rule.
        The exceptions make the news. 'Normal' doesn't.
        But that never stops the W'gton woodenheads using the exceptions to further their agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          This item has more than a few ramifications. Starting at the end, why was the Minister not asked to comment? I wonder if Andrew King thought to suggest the media approach the Housing Munster woodenheads for comment. Overall, quite a scary tale that will do nothing to help the housing crisis.

Landlords battle to get tenants to leave property
          26 Feb 2020
          They will end up making selling rentals as it will all be just too hard, then they will be in the shit!
          "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

I would keep this thing real simple, no rent instant removal, no questions asked! What happens to you if you suddenly stop paying your mortgage, you will be turfed out quicker than you can say Phil Twyford!

Easy...But common sense is not so common these days!
            "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Why Are LLs Bailing?

Tens of millions of taxpayer dollars going to moteliers for 'emergency housing,' and the (affordable? ) state housing list has gone from 5,800 to 14,000 since Labour started its crusade against landladies. It gets worse: watch this . . .

Comment

Add this item you your reading list . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  The Jacinda fairy dust is wearing thin...

But Soimon not seen as any better.

Just hope the liar's liar Peters gets consigned to political history.
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
                    I would keep this thing real simple, no rent instant removal, no questions asked! What happens to you if you suddenly stop paying your mortgage, you will be turfed out quicker than you can say Phil Twyford!
                    I think if you stop paying your mortgage it takes quite a while (and a process) to turf you out.
                    It isn't instant.

Comment

How many homes could have been built with the millions of dollars paid to motels??

Scott Figenshow sounds like he has the right idea when he can't understand why the government spends "the absolute truckload" of money on a "band aid " rather than investing in fixing the problem.

Give me $234 million and I guarantee more than 6,400 housing places before June 2022....and a Lamborghini for me......The government will probably produce 15 committees, 2 ministerial junkets, and 4 homes in Owaka, Bennydale, Ross and Kereru

Cheers
                      Spaceman

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
                        How many homes could have been built with the millions of dollars paid to motels??
                        Unfortunately you still have to house people while you are building the homes - and they are building more state houses.
                        Seems that they can build state houses better than kiwibuild (which is fortunate indeed).

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                          Unfortunately you still have to house people while you are building the homes - and they are building more state houses.
                          Seems that they can build state houses better than kiwibuild (which is fortunate indeed).
                          Do you own a motel???......of course the people need to be accommodated in the interim.....the problem is that the interim is becoming longer and longer as the government faffs about.

6,400 places....lets go for 4 places/people per house....6400/4 = 1,600 houses in more than 2 years ….seems a pretty easy target to me. But it wont even 1/2 the waiting list.

Additional $5,000 a month....you're telling me that that's a good use of tax-payer money..... pay me $1,250 per week per person you want housed and I will take care of it all looking after all the people you send me and have a shiny new lambo

cheers
                          Spaceman

Comment

No private landlord wants to house these by and large dysfunctional tenants. I think that is the crux of the problem not spoken about in this item.
                            We have a burgeoning mental health /and or drug issue in NZ , 1 in 4 people are caught up in this . It is only going to get much worse .

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                              No private landlord wants to house these by and large dysfunctional tenants. I think that is the crux of the problem not spoken about in this item.
                              We have a burgeoning mental health /and or drug issue in NZ , 1 in 4 people are caught up in this . It is only going to get much worse .
                              well,
                              The old Pt Chev Mental health hospital is no longer a cash cow for overseas student education.
                              Time to fire up serious Victorian" heath spas" again!

I want to see lots of white uniforms, red brick walls and small windows.
                              We'll skip the shock treatment this time round.

Give police a procedure to get this sort of carry on in front of a Doctor asap.
                              Give doctors the right to section 12 people asap.

Just an idea.

Ps, you might have to change your screen name, they might think you are trying too hard.
                              ( kidding).
                              Last edited by McDuck; 29-02-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X