• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Default Property Manager Rotorua.

I need a very good property manager in Rotorua.
    After near 20 years and about 10 failed property managers who have come and gone via buy-outs of companies the latest lot, Tremains, have told me to go away. Either only want top of the line( in Rotorua haha, or none at all.)

Has anyone got an idea of any capable Property Manager that I can contact?
    I have been a bit out of touch so have not got a lot of knowhow there now.

These are all 3-bed standard houses spread around town.

Welcome your suggestions.
    Thanks.

Hi Viking I recomend Amanda Peterson from Inspire PM https://www.inspireproperty.co.nz/ou...anda-peterson/ give her a shout tell her I said Hi.

There's none I'm afraid. But if you want to get a mob tenant - Inspire is your choice!

Seriously AlFa when I worked with Amanda she was very very careful in her tenant selection

Seriously Kaye. I had dealings with Colin from same company who placed mobster in neighbouring property to one of my rental, lied to me and property owner. Owner left with trashed meth contaminated house. And in totally different area he placed meth lab owner to neighbouring property to my other rental. And again, property owner was getting glorying reports when entire area was threatened by this bloody mongrel. My tenants were forced to move as they were scared. I ended up talking to owner of Inpire PM who was in denial about his people. And again - property owner ended with trashed meth house. Happy to give both owners details if Viking PMs me.

Thanks but no thanks. Collin looked after some of my properties once before. No gripes with him except despite two calls last week he hasn't bothered to ring back. so that's a no .

May have found a suitable person.

cheers

WOW AlFa things have definitely slipped since I left them kind of glad I'm not working for them anymore hearing this. Great news Viking hope your new PM works hard for you.

My experience-
    I’ve had a couple of the main ones managing properties for 15 yrs in Rotorua..they’ve got better over the years but I still need to keep my own spend spreadsheets to point out why do I keep getting charged for ‘damaged locks, holes in the walls, net curtains etc’ etc when their own systems seem not to see any pattern or even bother to look before coming to me that it’s my cost..general view is they don’t want to approach the tenants in Rotorua & tell them they are responsible for breakage and perhaps it’s their actions that should change..eg front door smashed because tenant ‘closed it too quickly’, front lawns trashed because of parking everywhere..I had a lot of clear lies told to me to get me to pay & even found a link between a handyman company being employed by a family member in the management company when deep diving over high costs and poor workmanship that they defended; higher rents & less property choice In Rotorua in the last years have definitely reduced the amount of damage to the properties and given me more weight in pushing the Management company to work for me rather than taking easy street with the tenant.
    I use Rotorua rentals and can say I used to have regular arguments with them over their weak management of the tenant, completely illogical statements of events, poor information & who’s responsible..could never find out the truth of what was going on. Even had excuses that the current tenant wasn’t responsible for the damage but me arguing then why wasn’t the damage in the last Tenants exit report under your management..

In saying that I did catch them again last month ‘front door lock broke and as it’s security we did it immediately’ get the invoice..‘so why did you hide that you replaced the back door lock at the same time, or is it the tenant lost their keys and you’re lying?’..it is what it is

He will. I am going to do it myself like I used to.
    Save me 10k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    He will. I am going to do it myself like I used to.
    Save me 10k a year.
    Good on you. They don't deserve the money

Thread Information