First home buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First home buy.

What are the requirements of buying your first home if I already have investment property.

If you mean LVR then banks 80% and non bank possibly 90% if they have the funds. All down to servicing etc etc. Hope that helps.
    www.ilender.co.nz
    Financial Paramedics

Comment

I have a investment property which is currently being rented.
      Currently living with parents and would like to purchase my first home as owner occupied. What's the process like such as can I use my kiwi saver, % of deposit, etc.. What are the things do I qualify for. Will I be recognized as first home buyer or investor.

Comment

Originally posted by primal View Post
        I have a investment property which is currently being rented.
        Currently living with parents and would like to purchase my first home as owner occupied. What's the process like such as can I use my kiwi saver, % of deposit, etc.. What are the things do I qualify for. Will I be recognized as first home buyer or investor.
        Highly unlikely you can use Kiwisaver as it's not your first property purchase, best check with your provider. Maximum LVR would be 80% with a bank and perhaps 90% with a non bank lender, dependent on servicing.
        www.ilender.co.nz
        Financial Paramedics

Comment

I'm in a similar position as you and have just purchased a PPOR off the plans.

I have a rental with approx 60% equity. I raised a revolving credit equal to 30% equity, leaving the required minimum 30% equity in the rental. I have used this revolving credit as the deposit for a new PPOR through a different bank. This deposit is approx 15% of the value of the new PPOR. Both banks are happy.

As you already own property or land, you can no longer withdraw your Kiwisaver for your new PPOR - unless you can prove you are in a similar position as a FHB (unlikely as you still own property).

You need to talk to a mortgage adviser and probably an accountant, as you may want to put your rental into an LTC for tax purposes - but definitely talk to an adviser at a minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X