Building an apartment block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an apartment block

Does anyone here have any experience in building a block of apartments? I am thinking possibly 30 odd 2-brm units. There's a parcel of land in the right location that has the potential for such development. We would like to get in touch with potential developers who might be interested in doing this project. What is the best way of finding/getting in touch with these guys? With the councils becoming more and more open to the idea of building apartment blocks, we would like to explore this option asap

Also, would prefer to have developers come in and manage the end to end of the feasibility, consents and ultimately, the actual build project for a share in revenue...

I built 3 once. Never ever again.

I doubt councils are really a lot easier to deal with.

Have you developed before? Sounds like quite a big project.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by ithink View Post
      We would like to get in touch with potential developers who might be interested in doing this project. What is the best way of finding/getting in touch with these guys?
      Talk to RE agents who sell new apartments.
      They know all the developers.

Comment

Plenty of "agencies" around in Auckland that will assist with this...will do feasibilities, process consents and then help in linking up with construction groups....or merely talk to other successful developers such as the Williams (corp or group or something) in Chch that seem to have got their mix sorted out.

But yes, as Davo says...a tough world and plenty of groups out there ready to take a goodly portion of the margin from the unsuspecting new comer....so ensure you have done your homework - if you have, you might even win the battle

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
          I built 3 once. Never ever again.

I doubt councils are really a lot easier to deal with.

Have you developed before? Sounds like quite a big project.
          I have PMd you

Comment

Are you going to lease the lot out like the "quest" model or like the "accor" model ?

Comment

Steve Goodey developed an apartment block some time ago.
              He doesn't seem to contribute to PT these days but is still actively involved with property.

Comment

Working...
              X