trade me preventing re-use of rental listing ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade me preventing re-use of rental listing ad

trade me contacted me recently to say that they had determined i was reusing my rental listing to find new tenants and that this wasnt allowed. ive asked them to explain/verify what rules im breaking - obviously im not that keen on having to pay $200/300 every time i have to find a new tenant but trade me are a law unto themselves and confident in their monopoly of the market

does everyone else create a new ad every time your rental comes available?

aside from the chore of having to rewrite the whole ad and upload all the photos this is a big cut into your income

What's your turnover rate and why?
    I'm writing up a new listing ad every 3 - 5 years per rental. I have the main details in a Word document so can just copy and paste the majority. Make a few minor changes and update the photos, (again most saved in a folder).

Comment

Originally posted by rentalrunner View Post
      obviously im not that keen on having to pay $200/300 every time i have to find a new tenant but trade me are a law unto themselves and confident in their monopoly of the market
      You pay for a rental listing and want to reuse it forever for free?
      Sorry, the world doesn't work that way.
      Change your attitude.

Comment

tenants generally stay for about 2 years but when youve got a few it seems to come round pretty frequently. its just an extra hassle thats all

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
          You pay for a rental listing and want to reuse it forever for free?
          Sorry, the world doesn't work that way.
          Change your attitude.
          works for me. and yes it does you can advertise on facebook for free forever. and there were no limitations on how trade me setup the listing process - if it really was breaking the rules they would prevent it programmatically

thats fine if you want to pay trade me max dollar - but im perfectly happy maximising profits. ill keep my attitude thanks very much and im not so arrogant as tell someone else what sort of attitude they should have - so in future just keep that shitty wisdom to yourself

Comment

I have noticed in the past that some landlords recycle their listings free if they have several places at the same address, like apartments in a large building. Use the main street address and change the details to fit the specific vacancy. The listing rules no longer permit that.

"You can’t use the relist function to re-use listings for a different item, vehicle, or property (for example by editing the listing content and photos). "

Comment

Originally posted by rentalrunner View Post
              thats fine if you want to pay trade me max dollar - but im perfectly happy maximising profits. ill keep my attitude thanks very much and im not so arrogant as tell someone else what sort of attitude they should have - so in future just keep that shitty wisdom to yourself
              You post a complaint and you get a response.
              Can't handle it?
              You know what to do.

Comment

Get over your negative, bullying dictatorial comments Bob. This post was simply asking ..... not complaining.
                It's a simple question.
                To deal or not to deal......
                Jeez ..... so precious

Comment

LOL
                  Love it.
                  Rentalrunner is trying to cheat Trademe out of listing fees.
                  He asks:
                  does everyone else create a new ad every time your rental comes available?
                  Of course we do.
                  Every honest person does.
                  He's a cheat.
                  Unfortunately, people like rentalrunner gravitate to investment property to the detriment of the industry.

Comment

rentalrunner, ignore Bob.

I have him on my 'ignore list' but see his comments if others quote him.

He's being all self-righteous here, instead of just answering the question.
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

That's interesting .... "Ignore list"?

How very handy!

Comment

I dont think you can compare facebook and trademe. Trademe sells the services it provides. Facebook provide their services for free but mine data for commercial purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by erinak View Post
                          That's interesting .... "Ignore list"?

How very handy!
                          Yes, it's under 'Edit Profile' on your own page.
                          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Cheers Davo. Very handy advice indeed. Yayee.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLibrary View Post
                              I dont think you can compare facebook and trademe. Trademe sells the services it provides. Facebook provide their services for free but mine data for commercial purposes.
                              Ha ^^ yeah give me Trade Me any day and I don't mind paying for their service - it works!.

cheers,

Donna
                              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                              X