Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to "lease" out a section with services on it ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to "lease" out a section with services on it ????

My sister has a property query

So we have this section with a container, portaloo, outdoor shower, power and water. A person wants to rent it/use it every weekend over summer and every school holidays for children's holidays.

She will put two caravans on it, takeover the power and we will charge her a monthly fee.

Do you have a rental agreement forthat, shall we make our own, what are your thoughts...

Since we won't use it ourselves, itseems a great option for someone else to use it and she can't really wreckanything..

I have suggested to definitely not do a rental agreement as it will then fall under residential tenancies act and open herself up to potential problems.

Is their a simple way to do this as a lease agreement, anyone got access to standard forms for this kind of thing ????
    Last edited by Bluekiwi; 07-01-2020, 01:47 PM.

Licence to occupy ?

Comment

Find out what a camping ground site occupation agreement looks like.

Electricity supply - hhmmmmm. Not sure about that.

Ponder the GST implications.

Comment

I think its a pretty cheap fee, to just have someone look after it, as owners are moving from south island to north island.
        So will fall under the GST minimum, I think.
        Maybe just a simple lease written up, by themselves, using one of these templates as a starting point.

https://www.netlawman.co.nz/dl/business-lease-agreements

Comment

My parents did something like this. The woman (whom they treated really well) turned around at the end of it and said: "It's a residential tenancy as I sleep here and I'm not leaving" Months later they got her out but she left shed fulls of crap on the place. Cost $12k to remove her and her temporary buildings and rubbish.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Damn those nasty, thoughtless, ill-feeling rapacious LLs.

Comment

There are a couple of odd set ups in Kapiti - I pass a beach front section with a couple of 'tiny homes' on it but they're not fixed so I guess they're moveable and fly under the usual compliance etc. Maybe we'll see more of this - as a way to get around the tenancies rules etc. No need to claim GST either as under the threshold - so ROI would be pretty good if section cost $300K and you're getting min. $350 a week (min) for the two abodes why go to the effort of building a house on the section and it cost you $000s?

It's essentially an investor's very own trailer park!

cheers,

Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
              X