Mortgage for Expat Moving Back to NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage for Expat Moving Back to NZ

I am a kiwi expat that will be moving back from Canada and looking to buy a house. I will have between a 20%-75% downpayment delending on how much of our savings we need to use for a down payment.

1) If I dont have a job yet would I be able to get a mortgage?
    2) If I do have a job will i need to be in that job for three months before i could get a mortgage?
    3) Other options?
    NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

You will be best to connect with a broker....personally, I doubt you will get a mortgage with no job/regular income.....but maybe there is another way, or a second tier lender may be able to bridge the gap for you depending on the security you have.

Comment

IMHO

1 Yes
      2 No
      3 Be tax smart. There is no tax advantage to buying a PPOR, there are many tax advantages to buying an IP vs a PPOR. You can purchase an IP and live in it and enjoy significant tax benefits if you plan ahead. I would recomend purchasing the proiperty in a compnay (ordinary comapny NOT a LAQC) or a trust.

Good luck

Cheers
      Spaceman

Comment

Just saw this, we do heaps of lending for Expats, on hols till Monday send me a message and I'll reply then!
        www.ilender.co.nz
        Financial Paramedics

Comment

Working...
        X