• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Cindys royal wedding extravaganza will help sweep her and the comrades back into power.
    If I didn't know better, I'd almost think you were saying Jacinda will cynically use a high profile personal event to leverage political advantage.

The US finds sneaky Pete up to no good an sends the world into a plummet.

NZ median house price drops by 40% over night

Interest rates rise to an 88' esque level of 18-20% (why else is Labour asking the banks to come up with another $21B for bank bail out?)

OR

NFI and dont really care as long as Im alive and there are fish in the sea for me to look at (shoot). :-)

;-p

Quote Originally Posted by jimO View Post
    labour announces a royal wedding just prior to election
    Agreed (mamc)

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Spaceman will get banned again for being too lippy
    Probably twice (or more).
    Last edited by Keys; 23-12-2019 at 02:39 PM.

1) I will continue to push for a two tier rental rate depending on fixed term or periodic.
    2) I will start to introduce discounts for quality tenants and advertise as such (read higher rates for undesirable tenants).
    2a) This is already in place in many finance companies due to the borrowers credit history.
    3) I will search for a quick and reasonably economical way to do a criminal check on applicants.
    4) I will succeed in each of my predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    I will start to introduce discounts for quality tenants and advertise as such (read higher rates for undesirable tenants).
    How will you get around s32(2)?
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Im looking at Wellington and trying to justify the cost.

Auckland hit the push back line in the median and just keeps bouncing back down when it goes near breaking through.

So everybody sold, used the inflated equity and picked some tasty hanging fruit elsewhere to invest in.

Wellington East median $964000.

Welli a mere 200k residence. Which has not changed dramatically ever. Slow steady crawl for Gum-Nits jobs.

Given it is awfully close to Auckland Centrals median, I just cant justify that cost other than people jumping on the band wagon like Welli was the new Bit-Coin with a double in median between 14'-17' (that is a bit wild), only Windy, Rainy, Hilly, but flappn good spearfishing out Makara way on the side.

Auckland has had its correction, its now bouncing up and down possibly for another 7 years which will be the great crash everyone predicted, excepted it was a small crash and a long plateau.

I do not see that happening in Areas like Welli where the population doesnt demand it and the next fav on the list with investors was Dunners with a Median of $522k where what seems not so long ago $120k got you something quite tasty.

If I was to predict a crash which I refuse to as whilst Bloomberg had the right reasons, nobody has a time frame, by NZs economy alone Id pick parts of Welli and Dunedin to cool and crash. I think any said crashes will occur in pockets of every town outside of Auckland and possibly a slight decrease of the recent upward trend of the bouncing Auck market. But there aren't many towns left in the 15%pa plus range and those that are, do not have the population to warrant care factor.

Id have expected Aucks semi crash to have rippled to its siblings by now, but given these areas are still rising Im seeing that as worse not a good thing.

Predictions are so over rated though, where is the cheapest place to buy a crystal ball?
    Last edited by OnTheMove; 23-12-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheMove View Post
    . . . where is the cheapest place to buy a crystal ball?
    New? Or second-hand?
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    New? Or second-hand?
    Has to be Used/second hand Perry. What would be the fun in a new one, it would spout out REA Propaganda or if it was a negative one it may turn on me and spout out Bloomberg dooms day.

I think you have to train a Crystal ball, much like a Dragon

The real issue would be Politeness in naming said Crystal Ball, we wouldnt want to offend either side of that spectrum by actually making a prediction hahaha

My prediction:
    Some new, fresh-faced, lying scammer will step up and claim to be NZs leading property educator in the style of Richmastery of a few years back.
    In a rising market these types come to the front.
    Be on guard.
    They will use social media to their advantage and break most of the ethical rules surrounding property investing.

Thread Information