Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Predictions

Get 'em rolling in, folks.
    Be aware they will be checked on, later in the year.

That includes New Year Resolutions made public, hereabouts.

For the sake of auld langsyne, here's the guesses (sorry - predictions) for last year.
    Last edited by Perry; 03-01-2020, 11:41 AM. Reason: Added link to 2019 Predictions thread

labour promises everyone a pony if they are voted in, labour announces a royal wedding just prior to election

Comment

What will best buy votes the best?

I think Labour will promise;
      - higher unemployment benefits
      - higher working for families benefits
      - Higher pensions

National?
      - tax cut to higher earners

My 2020 wish - someone would sue Labour for fraud, for Kiwibuild promises. And somehow stop other fake political promises

Ross
      Book a free chat here
      Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

Originally posted by Rosco View Post

My 2020 wish - someone would sue Labour for fraud, for Kiwibuild promises. And somehow stop other fake political promises

Ross
        Well me too but it'll never happen.

National: Here's Mr Key lying on camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3-RYMwJiWA

Labour: 100,000 houses, 1,000,000,000 trees.... Just silly numbers dreamt up.
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Winnie will invest in a rest home and retire after he doesn't get 5% of the vote.

Comment

Cindys royal wedding extravaganza will help sweep her and the comrades back into power.
            She will finally solve poverdy by getting capital gains taxes in and promptly bring "fairness" back to the rental market by dictating maximum "fair" rents for all. Oh and there might be another baby soon ~ 3yrs later?
            The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Spaceman will get banned again for being too lippy

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                Get 'em rolling in, folks.
                Be aware they will be checked on, later in the year.

That includes New Year Resolutions made public, hereabouts.
                Ha you bet me to it Perry

Well it could be a year of no change or massive change starting with the election which is too tight to call even with National's polling looking promising, the 'Jacinda effect' will make it a challenge for Bridges to secure the top job.

If you think how Boris Johnson and the Conservatives romped home, they had a good manifesto on housing to appeal to the people and the better leader and already in the job. Back here, Jacinda is winning the leader race hands down, and unfortunately many will consider it a popularity vote and go with her with the excuse 'she needs more time'.

cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Huge turmoil in the rental market at Landlords scramble to meet the HH requirements.

Tenants who once enjoyed a long term under market rental may get moved on so the HH upgrades can be completed along with a refresh of the property allowing the LL to reset their rent to market resulting in a huge increase to the average weekly rent.

Where we invest there is a huge difference between the rent charged for a rundown old 3br unit (around $370/wk) and one that meets the HH standards and has new carpet/paint at $500/wk. I would imagine there are a lot of markets around the country that have a wide range of quality of available rentals. The HHG narrows that band of quality options making the low end illegal meaning the cheap rental will disappear from the market.

Some might say that can only be a good thing but in reality the family who was paying $370/wk now has to find $130/wk more for rent which on the min wage of $18 means an extra 7.2 hours a week (assuming no tax impact) to pay the rent.

If I had to choose between having a heat pump in a house that I didn't use and needing to work a full day a week for the privilege or put on a warm top and not have to work 7-8 hrs extra each week I know what I'd choose

Comment

My prediction is most things will get better. Some things will get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by PC View Post
                      Cindys royal wedding extravaganza will help sweep her and the comrades back into power.
                      If I didn't know better, I'd almost think you were saying Jacinda will cynically use a high profile personal event to leverage political advantage.

Comment

The US finds sneaky Pete up to no good an sends the world into a plummet.

NZ median house price drops by 40% over night

Interest rates rise to an 88' esque level of 18-20% (why else is Labour asking the banks to come up with another $21B for bank bail out?)

OR

NFI and dont really care as long as Im alive and there are fish in the sea for me to look at (shoot). :-)

;-p

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
                          labour announces a royal wedding just prior to election
                          Agreed (mamc)

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
                            Spaceman will get banned again for being too lippy
                            Probably twice (or more).
                            Last edited by Keys; 23-12-2019, 02:39 PM.

www.3888444.co.nz
                            Facebook Page

Comment

1) I will continue to push for a two tier rental rate depending on fixed term or periodic.
                              2) I will start to introduce discounts for quality tenants and advertise as such (read higher rates for undesirable tenants).
                              2a) This is already in place in many finance companies due to the borrowers credit history.
                              3) I will search for a quick and reasonably economical way to do a criminal check on applicants.
                              4) I will succeed in each of my predictions.

www.3888444.co.nz
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X