Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City traffic fixes. Sick of taffic gridlock? You might like this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City traffic fixes. Sick of taffic gridlock? You might like this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mv8YBavcZg" target="_blank">

Last edited by donna; 20-12-2019, 09:09 PM.

-Ban all human drivers.
    -Install selected pedestrian crossings, over bridges and underpasses.
    -Have a pool of self driving cars for public use.
    -Remove all traffic lights, stop and giveaway signs. Let the self driving cars communicate with each other to manage their own intersection flow.
    -Triple speed limits.

Humans and self driving cars dont mix. Humans dont communicate their intentions. They hesitate, exaggerate and over compensate. They'll get in the way of the SD cars.

Self driving cars, traveling at 300km/h, would talk to each other. Automatically adjust their speeds by 1% or 2% to merge and change lanes seamlessly.

No more looking for car parks. The SD cars would drop off passengers where they want to be and zoom off to the next passenger.

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
      -Ban all human drivers.
      -Install selected pedestrian crossings, over bridges and underpasses.
      -Have a pool of self driving cars for public use.
      -Remove all traffic lights, stop and giveaway signs. Let the self driving cars communicate with each other to manage their own intersection flow.
      -Triple speed limits.

Humans and self driving cars dont mix. Humans dont communicate their intentions. They hesitate, exaggerate and over compensate. They'll get in the way of the SD cars.

Self driving cars, traveling at 300km/h, would talk to each other. Automatically adjust their speeds by 1% or 2% to merge and change lanes seamlessly.

No more looking for car parks. The SD cars would drop off passengers where they want to be and zoom off to the next passenger.
      Ha.

I like your blue sky thinking.

Why not go to the next step even?

Ban all people, except a small 2% elite.

Replace all the people with robots, they don't require pay, or air, or all that messy food.

I just feel there's something wrong with idea,... but I can't put my finger on it.

Ah, the waste,

ok,

grind up the people to get the fuel and chemicals to build the first wave of robots.

not serious.

Comment

Working...
      X