• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheMove View Post
    Are there any clauses stopping the back units (2) from blocking my carport and access to the driveway? Ie can they park a boat in front of my car?
    Generally just the law of decency.
    Neighbour wars happen around non cross lease properties also.

  2. #22

    Default

    if your neighbour in a freehold blocked the dribveway you could tresspass them or get police help but if this is a cross lease then it is a civil matter.

    You dont seem to appreciate the basic consequence of cross lease. You are all joint owners of the same land.

    If you have good owners then fine, but the issues come when you dont? (or you want to make changes and the others dont cooperate)

    are you sure you own the carport?? Is it shown on the flats plan??

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John the builder View Post

    are you sure you own the carport?? Is it shown on the flats plan??
    Ive not dealt with cross lease before John. Which piece of paper work will show me what is my boundary?

    Surely there are wordings in a cross lease to prevent other owners from entering your property and house etc?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John the builder View Post
    are you sure you own the carport?? Is it shown on the flats plan??
    Hi John, really appreciate your help. tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full and I cant send :-)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheMove View Post
    Ive not dealt with cross lease before John. Which piece of paper work will show me what is my boundary?

    Surely there are wordings in a cross lease to prevent other owners from entering your property and house etc?
    Your house will be exclusive use - yours.
    As will any areas designated exclusive in the Flats Plan. The Flats Plan is the key here - along with the lease document.
    Shared space can create issues if people act like shits!
    Sections with right-of-ways (shared drives) can have the same issues if the neighbours behave unsociably.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Your house will be exclusive use - yours.
    As will any areas designated exclusive in the Flats Plan. The Flats Plan is the key here - along with the lease document.
    Shared space can create issues if people act like shits!
    Sections with right-of-ways (shared drives) can have the same issues if the neighbours behave unsociably.
    It states "Boundaries of Areas to be leased are along exterior face of walls AND structures and the centre of interior walls"

    It has an image of the original 1920 property Im after, some land, then fencing line all around it to the carport which is included as a box in the image and connected to the original property.

    So does that mean the land that is inside the fencing for the property is not communal ground? Ie Im not going to have the neighbours in flats down the back jumping my fence and claiming the land is communal?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheMove View Post
    It states "Boundaries of Areas to be leased are along exterior face of walls AND structures and the centre of interior walls"

    It has an image of the original 1920 property Im after, some land, then fencing line all around it to the carport which is included as a box in the image and connected to the original property.

    So does that mean the land that is inside the fencing for the property is not communal ground? Ie Im not going to have the neighbours in flats down the back jumping my fence and claiming the land is communal?
    Does the Flats Plan (the picture) show exclusive and shared areas?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Does the Flats Plan (the picture) show exclusive and shared areas?
    It shows a diagram of all properties walls and fences etc, which that sentence refers to. The only labelled common ground is the driveway.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. unit titles subdive
    By ronnie1 in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-08-2018, 09:05 AM
  2. unit titles ??
    By phillip30 in forum Property Improvements (NZ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-03-2018, 05:40 PM
  3. Unit title on property with land - responsibility for repairs
    By middleground in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 05:03 PM
  4. Unit Titles Damage to Unit caused by Common Property
    By Giddy in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-11-2013, 09:24 PM
  5. Unit titles?
    By Suse in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-11-2011, 09:45 AM
  6. 1 house, 1 title, lawyers drafting 2 titles. Can this be done?
    By starter in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:00 AM
  7. The Unit Titles Bill has been introduced........
    By muppet in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:24 PM
  8. Unit titles
    By matt004 in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
  9. Changing unit titles info
    By teriza in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-08-2005, 08:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •