getting sick of LL bashing media + gov.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    Haha. ACT, the last hope for the desperate right wingers. They say what we want to hear but will never get past 1% at the polls, so will never have more than 1 MP. Which means they (he) are ineffective.
    if the young upstart can get rid of the great satan of nz politics

he'll have my vote for life!

Meanwhile, data compiled by the Parliament library reveals the total amount of anonymous donations New Zealand First received in 2017 dwarfs that of

all other political parties combined.

Last edited by eri; 20-11-2019, 08:45 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
      Maybe Labour knows the writing is on the wall due to their spectacular housing fails, growth in beneficiaries and NZ First Foundation saga so they're going to make it impossible for National to reverse the chaos, in 3 years. Maybe we'll experience a series of one term governments for a while?

cheers,

Donna
      Yes, it might be the case. But people in the fire line try to survive, e.g. politicians follow steams of lobby groups and voters. Is there any kind of accountability? A new govt hides saying – that’s why the previous govt…!

On the other hand can a business owner act like this saying I can’t because of govt changes?
      As long politicians are not bound to their election promises and started govt projects not been completed under new legislation – how can that debacle change?

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
        Under the new law proposed, a tenant with a good record can apply for a tenancy then when they want to leave

assign the tenancy to a dodgy tenant and it seems the accommodation provider, LL, has little say about it.
        That was my reading too. Compared to the 90 day thing that would be a far far worse outcome for any LL

Comment

some of these "tenants from hell" would be an absolute disaster to deal with once they tricked their way into a tenancy

the gov doesn't want to house them and tenant advocates would be falling over themselves to excuse their behaviour

could you even sell the property without taking a massive hit if they refused to reform and couldn't be shifted from their destructive ways?

they say "there'd only be a few" but there are only a few murders each year

and that doesn't mean we don't bother with strong laws to discourage and deal with them

what will be the owner's loss in dealing with terryS

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/117...nancy-tribunal

does terry need even stronger protection?

or do owners!
          Last edited by eri; 21-11-2019, 05:13 PM.
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

I posted the below on another thread, reposting here ...

Assignment seems to refer only to fixed term tenancies, but since these turn into periodic under the proposed policy, landlords are stuck with the assignees unless other termination causes are met. I see what the government is trying to do here - allow tenants to get out of a FTT without (much) penalty. In practice, if a landlord declines a proposed assignment the existing tenants will have to take a case to the Tenancy Tribunal to get it overturned. That will be interesting, even amusing actually - what will count as reasonable or unreasonable. That will need clear guidelines and is not going to be black and white.
            Last edited by Perry; 22-11-2019, 09:30 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
              Maybe Labour knows the writing is on the wall due to their spectacular housing fails, growth in beneficiaries and NZ First Foundation saga so they're going to make it impossible for National to reverse the chaos, in 3 years. Maybe we'll experience a series of one term governments for a while?
              Donna
              I think you are 100% right Donna, I cant see any government correcting the median house price which is the only way to get kiwis into kiwi homes, no matter how low you make the interest rates. Its a correction or nothing.

And to be fair Jacinda wasnt voted in and she didnt want the role.

I can see economics forcing our hand though in 2020, I just dont know how long a correction would take to reach the rest of NZ which is still going up. Always like a Tsunami, Auckland being the epi centre lol

Comment

how can you expect a correction

when new houses cost more than old houses

and there's no more empty land in the places people want to live?

further to that if you think that;

- building standards will continue to rise

- wage costs will continue to rise

- nz continues to be considered a better place to live than most

how can prices not slowly start to rise again?

to bring prices down you'd need;

- too many existing houses

- cheaper new houses, built to lower standards?

- more land, loaded with free infrastructure, to suddenly appear where jobs were plentiful and people wanted to live

clearly more than jacindamania and fairy-dust is needed for that!
                Last edited by eri; 23-11-2019, 06:36 PM.
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

An unspecified "correction" is as vague a prediction as it gets.

Perhaps a career as an econ-o-mist beckons?

Comment

another story showing they would be killing the golden goose

by making it even more costly to house the delinquent

have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheMove View Post
                      And to be fair Jacinda wasnt voted in and she didnt want the role.

l
                      nobody voted her in, winston picked her and nobody voted for him either

Comment

Working...
                      X