New Build When to take possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build When to take possession

Hi There, We are currently building a new house which is probably a month away from finishing. The builder has said if we want we can move in anytime the house is finished. Don't need to wait for the final inspection.

Asked what most of their clients do he said that some wait for the final inspection to pass some move in before the final inspection.

My question is would we be able to move in before the final inspection?

PS this is not a home and build we engaged the builder. To build on our section

be careful as you will be responsible for dents and scratches unless these are observed prior

do you mean final council inspection? yes you can

Comment

Hi Premo,

1) Insurance - I would check you are covered for insurance

2) Builders final items - From my experience I would make sure all items have been fixed before you move in, and before you pay the final money. Once you pay the builder is generally no longer interested in little issues.

Ross
      Book a free chat here
      Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

What is the diffenrence practical completion certificate vs final inspection for insurance purposes?

Comment

Good question - but the CCC needs to be done within 2 years of completion so make sure you do that.

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
          X