Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wellington lawyer with a social conscience??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellington lawyer with a social conscience??

I have a friend self representing in environment court for an abatement notice for a Tiny House parked in a drive. We have the simple argument that TH's are outside the RMA as vehicles not fixed to land and therefore not "structures" under the RMA. (and therefore nor building and not dwellings under the district plan

We have the legal argument presented but would prefer a lawyer to attend the hearing to make sure the judge considers the matter properly and understands the importance of what is being stated.

The hearing is 29 Oct so reply urgent.

Can anyone help or recommend someone????? PM me if preferred
    Last edited by John the builder; 22-10-2019, 05:20 PM. Reason: new link and correct date

Good luck to your friend. The MBIE determination[s] are being challenged by that chap in Canterbury, as I recall. There's discussion on these forums somewhere, but just which thread escapes me.

Comment

This wellington case is an abatement notice enforcement under the RMA and needs to be heard in the environment court. He is self representing but we are looking for a lawyer to handle the issues on the day.

Comment

Working...
      X