No announcement yet.

Making a pre-auction offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The words "Unless Sold Prior" say it all really.

If it's marketed that way, then it can be sold at any time leading up to the auction I think.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
      The words "Unless Sold Prior" say it all really.

If it's marketed that way, then it can be sold at any time leading up to the auction I think.
      Yes, by bringing the auction date forward means it will be sold prior to the advertised date

Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
        Yes, by bringing the auction date forward means it will be sold prior to the advertised date

Hmmm I was always under the impression that the vendors could just sign an agreement and then advise it's been sold.
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Would offering a larger deposit help the Vendor, say offer 20% instead of 10%?

Comment

Originally posted by fudoc5 View Post
            Would offering a larger deposit help the Vendor, say offer 20% instead of 10%?
            Yes you could try that.
            Have you still not made your offer ? You are losing your early advantage as time goes on. They've just had another weekend of open homes ?

Comment

This weekend was the first open home, quite a large turn out 27 groups. we're going to make the offer tomorrow evening when our funds clear.

Comment

This weekend was the first open home, quite a large turn out 27 groups. we're going to make the offer tomorrow evening when our funds clear.
                Sounds like a popular property. Good luck.
                I presume you did a viewing before the open homes started and that you were accompanied by an agent other than the listing agent.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
                  Sounds like a popular property. Good luck.
                  I presume you did a viewing before the open homes started and that you were accompanied by an agent other than the listing agent.
                  Thanks, yes viewed it twice w Agent

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    Hmmm I was always under the impression that the vendors could just sign an agreement and then advise it's been sold.
                    Correct.

The vendor has the option of selling prior to auction or bringing the auction forward. REAs will always advise on going to auction, for their own purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston View Post
                      Correct.

The vendor has the option of selling prior to auction or bringing the auction forward. REAs will always advise on going to auction, for their own purposes.
                      It is possible to add a sunset clause with the offer along the lines of 'If accepted by the 'Vendor' agrees to withdraw listing and sell to 'Purchaser' without requiring an auction or multi offer'? Or could this backfire?

Comment

It is possible to add a sunset clause with the offer along the lines of 'If accepted by the 'Vendor' agrees to withdraw listing and sell to 'Purchaser' without requiring an auction or multi offer'? Or could this backfire?

Yes that is correct. This happens regularly, I can't imagine any circumstances in which it could possibly backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston View Post
                          Yes that is correct. This happens regularly, I can't imagine any circumstances in which it could possibly backfire.
                          Wouldn't adding this clause in make it a conditional offer? vs going unconditional

Comment

Wouldn't adding this clause in make it a conditional offer? vs going unconditional
                            Yes it's conditional upon the vendors cancelling the auction or going to a multi offer deadline. Wording of the clause would need to be confirmed by a lawyer of course.

Comment

Gazumping is not so popular here but it's worth covering all your bases so you're not wasting your time.

cheers,

Donna
                              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

HI, just an update the offer we put in was rejected 3 weeks ago, but we still managed to secure the property at auction yesterday (~100k above our offer price) but still below our top limit price. Huge turnout at auction ~60 groups and 15 bidders. So overall good result and we're stoked to finally have a place to call home. Thanks everyone for your input, Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X