Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home and income addressing

Hi all
    My partner and I have a very large rumpus room downstairs and we were considering subdividing it into a separate unit, but we don't meet the land size requirements. But, we can turn our home into a home and income, which is great. My question is this... If we go ahead and put a unit in downstairs, will we get a separate address for the mail box? Like 1/x Tawera Rd? I ask because if our would be tenants order a pizza for example, how will they know there are two dwellings on the property, not just one?

Yes. 1 and 1a but check with your post office to have it properly registered.
    Or just tell the pizza guy to deliver to the flat downstairs and leave the name of the pickup person.
    Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

Or just eat the pizza and hide the evidence.

Comment

Interesting question however you probably need to back up a bit and consider 'how' you'd get consent for the unit.

cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

paint 1A on the letter box now and order the pizza see where it gets delivered to?

If it comes to 1A your problem is solved and you didnt need to develop the unit? Win - win??

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
            paint 1A on the letter box now and order the pizza see where it gets delivered to?

If it comes to 1A your problem is solved and you didnt need to develop the unit? Win - win??

Just set up another letter box right next to the original one with an A added to the number . It does work.

Your main worry should be ensuring you get consent and coc for any additional plumbing fixtures .
            Last edited by mrsaneperson; 07-12-2019, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X