Safe and Sanitary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe and Sanitary

If there is unconsented works, at what stage can a S&S be done? Does the work need to be finished or is it better to get it done before lining? Does the builder need to see things like steel beams BEFORE they are gibbed over? Or can they rely on photos?

Doing is illegal, finished is different!
    S$S is not a “certificate” – just a paper (not a consent or guarantee) describing the conditions at inspection as the Act allows a declaration that work has been done “safe or sanitary”.

Comment

agree with k

what is the scope of work. Can it be done under schedule 1?

Comment

Safe and Sanitary means the unconsented works must not be altered in order to avoid council action.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
          Safe and Sanitary means the unconsented works must not be altered in order to avoid council action.

No it doesnt it means council have no power to act as long as it is S and S

Comment

OK.. I have a letter from council for some unauthorised works done by another owner of a rental property I bought. The exact wording from what I can recall says that council have no further interest and will take no further action as long as the unauthorised works remain that way.
            They are very anal if the unauthorised works are then altered without their consent.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
              OK.. I have a letter from council for some unauthorised works done by another owner of a rental property I bought. The exact wording from what I can recall says that council have no further interest and will take no further action as long as the unauthorised works remain that way.
              They are very anal if the unauthorised works are then altered without their consent.
              with the utmost respect; the council don't mean the works have to stay the way they are they mean they cannot take action unless the building becomes unsafe or insanitary in the future.

Council dont have the power that you attribute to them?

Comment

Working...
              X