Mortgage brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage brokers

Do every mortgage brokers have different methods of helping clients reduce their home loans fast.
    I think, most mortgage brokers advice clients to put some loans on fixed and some on revolving to reduce debt faster.

What are your thoughts and what methods do they use? Does it work every time.
    If not what can be done differently to reduce debt faster.

Are you a mortgage broker? It's not just brokers that can assist. Use a financial advisor, accountant and educate yourself e.g. sites like sorted.org has great info, use an online calculator to work out term, time to pay off etc.

Pay down principal would be a strategy - not all loans (if any) on interest only. I read somewhere just paying one extra payment per year is a huge help in reducing years off debt.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

there is always some guru spruiking his seminar on how to pay off your mortgage in five minutes. they mostly say the same thing.
      put most on 6 months and a portion on revolvi g. get your wages and any other income paid directly into that account. never keep money anywhere else only keep it in the revolving account. get a no fees credit card with a 90 day interest free period and pay all your bills with it. set it up so it gets paid off automatically each cycle from the revolving account so you never pay interest on the card, it becomes a free loan. every time the fixed portion rolls over have a damn good think about how much money you need and transfer as much as you can afford from the revolving account then fix again. rinse and repeat. the tricks are fine tuning the amounts in each portion to match your income, spending and ability to save and not going crazy with the credit card. i've done that for 15 years and never paid so much as one cent in credit card interest. realistically you'll shave 10 years off a 30 year mortgage maybe. obviously depends on how big the debt is and how much you make, and how much your wife likes shoes. i've put a few friends onto that strategy and they all seem to think it will get them paid off about 10 years early.

Comment

Sounds so simple. What if you have already fixed it and placed portions of it in revolving and you have mid year financial crisis and need to use money. And the only choice is to use money from revolving.

Comment

Hi Primal,

I'm not trying to hassle mortgage brokers, but in general mortgage brokers and bankers want you to borrow more and more, and will help you borrow more and more. They don't want you to repay your debt, they want you to get more debt, as that is ultimately how they get paid.

NZHL have a good product and do focus on trying to get your debt down, so maybe have a chat to them.

Ross
          Book a free chat here
          Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

What do you think of Hannah McQueen from https://www.enableme.co.nz.
            I saw this ad yesterday on Facebook.

Comment

Currently I am with global finance and last time when my mortgage was about to expire they just called and renewed it. Rate was good at that time.
              Btw, how good is nzhl.

Comment

Originally posted by primal View Post
                What do you think of Hannah McQueen from https://www.enableme.co.nz.
                I saw this ad yesterday on Facebook.
                They have a seminar in Parnell tomorow.
                If you go along let us all know what they are like.

Comment

Working...
                X