The Tenancy Tribunal - Hate It or Love It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tenancy Tribunal - Hate It or Love It

I suppose a moot point is that the prefix "tri-" means three - as in a tricycle. There's only one adjudicator, so it should really be called a Unobunal. I doubt there'd be much enthusiasm for that, even though it would be numerically correct. Ah, well . . .

Interesting item at Stuff, today, from Susan Edmonds. I didn't read the comments; it was too soon after breakfast.

Tribunal no source of fairness for tenants in trouble
    23 Aug 2019

Few LLs would disagree that hoping for fairness at the TT Kangaroo Kourt is, at best, optimistic. There have been a few heartening decisions displaying good balance, but generally, the closet-socio-communist leanings of most TT KK Klutzes shines through in the decisions favouring tenants.

Some heart might be taken from the last sentence in the Susan Edmond's item:
    Originally posted by Stuff
    Then, perhaps, we could move on to many landlords' inability to enforce tribunal judgements that are issued in their favour.

Slightly stupid article.
    85% of the claims at TT are by the landlord against the tenant.
    She's trying to argue that tenants are unfairly treated - when 85% of the problems are caused by the tenants.
    Sorry, stupid article.
    She should move onto landlords inability to enforce tribunal judgements and cry 'Unfair'.

Comment

Why are "reporters" so blatantly biased?
      Whatever happened to Where, What, Why & When?
      The whole stuffed up site should have a banner warning lefty commie opinions only.
      The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

You missed two:
        Question all "facts"
        - Rudyard Kipling

I have six faithful serving men
        They taught me all I knew
        Their names are What and Where and When
        And How and Why and Who.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if the prospective landlords that refused to house that tenant were actually stupid enough to tell her they were declining her on the basis that she shows up in the data base for making a claim against her landlord as they could be prosecuted for that for discrimination
          Fraser Wilkinson
          www.managemyrental.co.nz
          Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Comment

They have a point, when searching up records if you catch the name you're looking for, at the very least it raises a red flag but some would immediately jump to a negative conclusion without further reading.

Comment

Originally posted by FJW View Post
              I'd be very surprised if the prospective landlords that refused to house that tenant were actually stupid enough to tell her they were declining her on the basis that she shows up in the data base for making a claim against her landlord as they could be prosecuted for that for discrimination
              What would be the grounds for a court case?

Comment

Originally posted by FJW View Post
                ............... as they could be prosecuted for that for discrimination
                Your authority for making that statement? Where does it say that?

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

Interesting tale, here. Might be worth searching the Order for deeper detail.

Comment

Your wish is my command. Or some such drivel.

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks

Sorry - I was not implying anything beyond the report seemed to have gaps / holes in it.

Perhaps like certain gummint data?

Painful reading, really. Tis certainly a bit of a mish-mash, too:
                      18. Ms McLaren states that a majority of this damage was caused while she was
                      away from the property in 2012 for about a year, although other members of the
                      family continued to reside at the property, and she has remained as tenant for
                      the duration of the tenancy. Ms McLaren is unsure as to how exactly the damage
                      occurred but says that it was more than likely caused by throwing things around
                      and playing games. I find that the damage was more likely than not caused
                      carelessly.
                      Ms McLaren states that she was the victim of a home invasion and
                      assault and that the damage occurred during the incident.
                      No police report mentioned.
                      Last edited by Perry; 25-11-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X