Negotiation technique - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negotiation technique - help

Say if the asking price of a house is 1.48m, and owner's stated bottom dollar is 1.4.

If my top dollar is 1.2-1.275m ...

Assuming no other interest in 1 year when houses around have been selling left right and center, assuming there is nothing wrong with the house ...

I have offered 1m, then 1.15m, then 1.175m.

What's the next best step? I could think of sit and wait, immediately go to 1.2, go to 1.8, etc.

It's not an IP by the way.
    Last edited by jack2016; 14-08-2019, 09:46 AM.

(1.75??)

Have they counter offered at all or have you just been making offers?

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
      (1.75??)

Have they counter offered at all or have you just been making offers?
      Hi lol that was 1.175

They have not countered, only repeatedly verbally stating 1.4 each time.

It's a 2010+ stotherm plaster over sto-something 50mm concrete board (not sure if it's the same as cement board) on a water front (not salt water). 6 other houses in a similar positioning have sold between 886k-2.2m in the last 12 months, time to sale usually 1 week to 3 months, depending on exact locality and build.

It'll be funny if someone owns up and says hey I'm the vendor you b@$T@rd lol
      Last edited by jack2016; 14-08-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Go in at your top dollar. If the vendor doesn't accept, move on.

Unless the vendor is the Briscoes lady. Then go back next week as there'll be 30% off. :-p

Comment

Ypu need to understand that cladding better It sounds like Hebel AAC panels? (or similar)

Depending on system perhaps this doesnt have a cavity and sometimes there are problems in jointing of the panels. Perhaps a good builders report will undermine the vendor confidence? Does it come with decent warranty?

Comment

It has a cavity, it is a stotherm system and I have researched it because it seems to be on every other house (2005+) that I am looking at.
            Whether it's any good I still haven't got an answer but apparently it is not a bad product.
            In terms of understanding the stotherm system, maybe I should call a rep, apparently they are a majorly big player in the NZ market.
            ?!
            Last edited by jack2016; 14-08-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
              Ypu need to understand that cladding better It sounds like Hebel AAC panels? (or similar)

Depending on system perhaps this doesnt have a cavity and sometimes there are problems in jointing of the panels. Perhaps a good builders report will undermine the vendor confidence? Does it come with decent warranty?
              Hi thanks, maybe the builder report is the key here.
              Warranty on these things are 15 years "provided maintenance done as per manufacturer recommendation".

Comment

Depends how much you want the house, the agent will always try get the most out of you as they work for the vendor which is fair enough as they are offering a service to their client.

You could try calling their bluff if they try get more and see what happens but then you risk loosing the property so comes down to how in love you are with it
                Fraser Wilkinson
                www.managemyrental.co.nz
                Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Comment

Working...
                X