PIs & BS Antennae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIs & BS Antennae

Am I right is believing that PIs have having a better, more sensitive and highly tuned BS antennae than most any other walks of life?

If I am right, why is that?

So, what prompted my perplexity?

The primary production community (farmers) are second only to LLs, in the current media and populous ignoramus vilification. When (I try to avoid them!) I run into people like comrade commissar James Shaw (of the watermelon party), Taxcinarella et al, at times when the conversation drifts to wanting primary producers hung, drawn and quartered, I ask a couple of questions.

1) do you have any idea where the rubbish generated by you town-dwelling suburbanites ends up?

Yeah, that's right. Your rubbish pollutes the countryside. The same countryside that you vilify farmers for polluting.

2) do you have any idea where the food you town-dwelling suburbanites comes from?

Yeah, that's right. From the very same countryside that you vilify farmers for producing it from.

Hypocrisy much?

Or have I got it all wrong?

If the cities are laid waste and the countryside prospers, the cities will come again.
    But if the countryside is laid waste, grass will grow in the streets of your cities.

Is it really about farmers, LL, rubbish, drinking water, etc – or is it about using emotions, manipulating and getting majorities for political agendas?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
      Am I right is believing that PIs have having a better, more sensitive and highly tuned BS antennae than most any other walks of life?

If I am right, why is that?

So, what prompted my perplexity?

The primary production community (farmers) are second only to LLs, in the current media and populous ignoramus vilification. When (I try to avoid them!) I run into people like comrade commissar James Shaw (of the watermelon party), Taxcinarella et al, at times when the conversation drifts to wanting primary producers hung, drawn and quartered, I ask a couple of questions.

1) do you have any idea where the rubbish generated by you town-dwelling suburbanites ends up?

Yeah, that's right. Your rubbish pollutes the countryside. The same countryside that you vilify farmers for polluting.
      True but it is controlled and in one place (the dump) rather than spread over the land polluting waterways (cow shit).
      Rubbish production should be reduced because we will run out of land to dump it in.

2) do you have any idea where the food you town-dwelling suburbanites comes from?

Yeah, that's right. From the very same countryside that you vilify farmers for producing it from.

Hypocrisy much?

Or have I got it all wrong?
      You have it wrong - production of the food you eat shouldn't have to pollute the land it is produced from.
      It isn't a binary option.
      If poor farming practices were eliminated it may increase the costs and cost the consumer more but ...
      Now if they wanted better farming practices at no cost to the consumer that might be hypocrisy.

Comment

Working...
      X