Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy

Hi there,

I have question, is it legal to add a bidet to the toilet without landlord authorization. From my understating under RTA this is not allowed with out my authorization. PM advised bidet would not fall under this category as it is considered an addition rather than a fixture.

Is that correct under RTA. If the tenant caused the damage who is liable to pay for it and how can I proof that?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Sam3000; 31-07-2019, 11:49 PM.

Not a fixture nor fitting? How is that?

Shall we say that a fully wall mounted set of cupboards is an addition and not something which needs permission?

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post

Shall we say that a fully wall mounted set of cupboards is an addition and not something which needs permission?
      Thanks for your reply. PM tries to tell me that I don't understand the english language and this allowed by the RTA?

Comment

A bidet function can be added to an existing toilet, replacing the existing seat. I assume that is what is being proposed here.Some models are simple to install, and uninstall. I would have thought the PM would get the owner's permission but maybe the tenant is paying for it and will reinstate the old seat when leaving. The PM would have an agreement with the tenants in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
          A bidet function can be added to an existing toilet, replacing the existing seat. I assume that is what is being proposed here.Some models are simple to install, and uninstall. I would have thought the PM would get the owner's permission but maybe the tenant is paying for it and will reinstate the old seat when leaving. The PM would have an agreement with the tenants in that case.
          That's what I was thinking.
          I doubt that it is a seperate installation (stand alone bidet).

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post

Guessing its a hose that's been added to the toilet itself if it's just an addition? BUT if it's a separate bidet from the toilet then it'd need landlord permission.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
              It is a bidet water spray. Tenant attched it to the toilet by themselves. PM didn't know about it. I found that from the pictures that was sent to me from PM inspection. I checked the RTA section 42 it says.:The tenant shall not affix any fixture to the premises, or make any renovation,
              alteration, or addition of or to the premises.

PM insists that it is legal to add the bidet spray without my knowledge.
              Last edited by Sam3000; 02-08-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Ask them to remove it, have messaged you.

Comment

If it's easily removable then they won't need permission. Does it just clip in?

Comment

Hi Nick, his question is: is it legal to add a bidet to the toilet without landlord authorization?
                    His PM is saying they can, but he doesn't want them to have one, as it can cause damage.

Comment

Working...
                    X