• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You're Who?

Default You're Who?

Jacinda walks into a bank to cash a cheque. She approaches the cashier and says, "Good morning, Ms, could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure sister. Could you please show me your ID?"

Jacinda: "Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I'm Jacinda Ardern, leader of the Labour Party and Prime Minister of New Zealand!"

Cashier: "Yes sister, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I insist on seeing ID."

Jacinda: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I'm sorry, Ms Ardern, but those are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Jacinda: "Come on please, I'm urging you, please cash this cheque."

Cashier: "Look Ms Ardern, here's an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."

"Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, Ms Ardern, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"

Jacinda stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank . . . there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes, Ms Ardern?"
    Last edited by Perry; 29-07-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

LOL very good Perry I'm waiting for the Boris Johnson jokes.

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalk Blog - property articles - About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Very very good one, though as someone that is near to her on a weekly basis I must say she can be a little more insistent.

Loving the honest Jacinda jokes, let's hear the Boris Johnson jokes after he has had the opportunity to succeed or fail. And had a chance to make his mark.

Theresa May jokes Perry?

Cindy would have hugged the cashier to show solidarity with oppressed bankers and insisted on a statement of affirmative poverty action from the bank

Default You Jest?!

"Oppressed bankers?"

Whazzem?

Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    "Oppressed bankers?"

Whazzem?

In a sleepy little village named New Zealand, far removed from the realities of the world, how easy would it be to remove the word bank from the service desk, replace it with "enterprise" and play around with who is holding the gun and who is carrying the bag?

The multitude of possibilities spark a rush of current events to my own thinking, and I do not even read the news here anymore.

Default We Have No REAL History.

It was a bit sobering - during a recent northern hemisphere excursion - to see some continental farm buildings which were constructed just 20 years after Abel Tasman happened upon NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    It was a bit sobering - during a recent northern hemisphere excursion - to see some continental farm buildings which were constructed just 20 years after Abel Tasman happened upon NZ.
    Agreed.
    I was in England a month ago and we were talking history.
    I mentioned the Treaty in 1840 - the building I was staying in was built 5 years earlier and was as good as gold.
    We stayed in a small hotel in Delft that had been build in the 1600s.

a case of paddys axe
    the roof was replaced 6 times and the walls 4. the foundations......

My first overseas foray, 20s, I went and saw a (then) 2300yr-old aqueduct. Blew my mind, given that the oldest building in my home town (Chch) was at the time 150 years old.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Thread Information