Rent Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent Review

Hi, we performed a rent review back in September 2018, which increased the rent vs the original lease document, do you have perform a Deed of Rent Review through your lawyer or can you adjust the original lease document and have the tenant sign this amendment,interested in your thoughts? The tenants are happy with the increase....and have been paying every month, just need some previous experiences from commercial landlords, thank you.
    Malc

Originally posted by Malcolm1 View Post
    Hi, we performed a rent review back in September 2018, which increased the rent vs the original lease document, do you have perform a Deed of Rent Review through your lawyer or can you adjust the original lease document and have the tenant sign this amendment,interested in your thoughts? The tenants are happy with the increase....and have been paying every month, just need some previous experiences from commercial landlords, thank you.
    Malc
    Many landlords don't bother with the expense and simply keep the communication records from the rent review process and the rent account records showing the new new rent. But I prefer the having the Deed of Rent Review to have the review more formally documented signed by the tenant and guarantor.
    Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

A basic Deed of Renewal & Variation template can be re-cycled as many times as needed, with amendment as required.

Dated, signed and witnessed after detailing the changes with a copy to the tenant and that should suffice.

Comment

Thanks DaveW, my thoughts as well,interested to hear what else is happening around NZ.

Comment

Thanks Perry, yip sounds easy enough as well.

Comment

I wasn't speculating - it's what I actually use.

Comment

For the rent reviews and lease renewals
              1: some I do by email exchange
              2: some by deed
              3: some by registration against the title (paid by tenant)

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                A basic Deed of Renewal & Variation template can be re-cycled as many times as needed, with amendment as required.

Dated, signed and witnessed after detailing the changes with a copy to the tenant and that should suffice.
                You don't happen to have such a template do you - that you can share?

Comment

I have such a template, but mine relates to renewal of a FTT residential tenancy. (I paid a lawyer to create it)

I don't imagine that a commercial tenancy Deed of Renewal & Variation would be radically different.

Comment

Is it going to be registered ?
                    If it is they are available off the registered charges on the title ..use property guru

Comment

Remember to read the rent review clause of your lease. The adls one is pretty standard however you would be surprised on how many people don't use the adls version.

Comment

Working...
                      X