Painting asbestos 'fake brick' cladding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting asbestos 'fake brick' cladding

Hi, I have a property under contract which I am currently doing my due diligence on. The exterior is clad with a fake brick type cladding which has been tested and found to contain asbestos. It is in very good condition and actually looks ok, but I am considering whether it would be worth painting it in order to modernize and freshen up the look of the house and also seal the asbestos. Has anyone had experience with doing this? Is it likely to cost more than a normal paint job, due to the asbestos? Or would you not bother buying the house at all?

Hi we have one of those. We painted it and it looks fine. It’s ok unless it is drilled into. I think it actually adds a layer of insulation too.

But the real question is what is hidden underneath if it is on an old villa?

Comment

it just cost some one i know 8k to get the C Brick removed and disposed of because they were putting new windows in and someone potted them to worksafe so no only did they have to remove the c brick they had to reclad the house as what the crap was over was rotten

Comment

you can remove samll areas of asbestos without submiiting to the regs? so a window should not have triggered the outcome above??

there is alot of emotion around this issue. painting is a prudent response. But it doesnt address stigma issues?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
          you can remove samll areas of asbestos without submiiting to the regs? so a window should not have triggered the outcome above??

there is alot of emotion around this issue. painting is a prudent response. But it doesnt address stigma issues?
          it was a whole house lot of windows

Comment

You can remove 10m2 of class 2 asbestos which the cladding would be. Has to be bagged and disposed of correctly though.

Comment

Working...
            X