• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

One of my builders cycles to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    sounds like some sort of deviant

Quote Originally Posted by jimO View Post
    sounds like some sort of deviant
    Not at all its a new trend to cycle if you live nearby. You know in the city with the difficulties finding a car-park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Meanwhile, the average school principal wears a business suit to work, and carries a mountain of paper work in his brief case. He takes public transport to work and has to join a union to get a decent living wage.
    A school principal in NZ earns an average of $100,000 and is in the top 10% of earners. Nor has a school princple used a briefcase since 1992 and the only principal to use public transport was Mr Brian Stimpson. who boarded the No.8 late in 2013 and was never seen again.

What you should do is develop an app that will connect parents with teachers, and the teachers can bid for educational services by the hour. Then parents can chose between spending the market rate for teachers (around $3/hr), or just use Youtube. The current unionised system that locks children into educational factories guarded by 'teachers' needs to be broken. You sound like just the man for that job.

The most important thing is to put everything into terms of an arbitrary hourly rate. At no point should there be any consideration as to what is actually being done. Human labour is fungible, no differences between any of the products of the educational factories, uniform and identical.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Have you considered renting him to Ogg for $50/hr?

Quote Originally Posted by elguapo View Post
    Have you considered renting him to Ogg for $50/hr?
    He wouldn't work for $50 /hr.
    But, and this is what I was getting st before, if you hire a good builder with assistants then the average hourly comes lower than $50 and you get the job done quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by donna View Post
    Our builders are charging $55 per hour + GST + 15% company margin. So that's $71.50 and we're in Kapiti. A sole operator with less overheads may be just the hourly rate + GST

cheers,

Donna
    Hi Donna,

I am based in Wellington City and need a easy but beyond my skill set job done. You couldn't give me a way of contacting your builder could you?

Generally the builders I've used are $80 per hour plus Gst. What I really find though is there's a huge tendency when they're working on hourly rates to fudge the time books especially if they are working away from the area where you as their employer are based. Try to keep as much an eye on the hours as possible and write down times of arrival and departure or you can get them to text you these. Also ask if they will charge you for their lunch breaks as many do. Expensive lunch on you, ouch, 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    Generally the builders I've used are $80 per hour plus Gst. What I really find though is there's a huge tendency when they're working on hourly rates to fudge the time books especially if they are working away from the area where you as their employer are based. Try to keep as much an eye on the hours as possible and write down times of arrival and departure or you can get them to text you these. Also ask if they will charge you for their lunch breaks as many do. Expensive lunch on you, ouch, 😊
    If you are suspicious of the hours being charged out, then get a fixed price. $80 hour plus gst, does that include use of their own tools? Project management of the job and supervision or liaising with other subbies? Travel and admin? Are they licenced and do they have PL insurance? Is that all included in the $80 plus gst per hour?

I guess if one was suspect of the hours charged at the initial stage it may be wise to get a fixed price for completing the rest of the job.
    Yes LBP, own tools.

Thread Information