Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be aware of the defaults

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    thats right based on the calculator... even worse, if your living room has open access to the stairs to upstairs you have to include the upstairs space too...

from the playing around with the calculator if you have a 2 storey dwelling with no insulation between the levels there is no consideration for the high level of insulation in the ceiling above the upstairs - it doesn't even ask about it. so for a double storey place the calculator seems to assume the 'ceiling' is uninsulated.
    You are absolutely correct, the default internal wall/ceiling assumptions are for no insulation, but they take no account at all of them being inside a building. So an internal ceiling is treated by the calculator as though it is an un-insulated roof with sky above. Same for internal walls. So I have a 80s small unit with external walls at R1.5 and then an internal wall is R0.4. This raised the results by about 0.5Kw. I think it is quite justified to edit the default to at least the external wall R value.

Another default error. If you specify 1978-2000 building it uses a default of R1.0 when the legal minimum for this period was R1.5. Go figure... and edit the default.
    Last edited by steeneveld; 09-07-2019, 11:04 PM.
    Anybody can... not everybody will

Comment

• Thought I found a flaw in the calculator - when it mentions stairs, it assumes the stairs are going up and wants to know the area upstairs.
      Only in my house the stairs go down and I struggled to understand why its trying to add the downstairs area to my lounge.

Comment

• Healthy Homes LOST THE PLOT

It is now a legal requirement to include a statement with all new tenancies that you will comply with future laws

Fascism 101

Why stop there? Why not spread this all across the law.
        What if they CHANGE the law between now and then?
        "you must give the tenant $1m"

THIS. IS. NOT. LEGAL

Comment

• Got a link to what you are talking about?
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• You cannot force a democratic nation to promise they will comply with laws that do not yet exist

Comment

• In a surprise move, it is now a legal requirement to include a statement in new Tenancy Agreements that the property either complies or will comply with the Healthy Homes Standards that don't come...

Comment

• I wonder if we can get the tenant to supply a document stating they will abide by all current and future laws with same said fine payable.

I'd be more than happy to sign if the tenant was held to the same standard.

I'm starting to think we'd be better off with DJT than comrade Ardern

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                  I wonder if we can get the tenant to supply a document stating they will abide by all current and future laws with same said fine payable.

I'd be more than happy to sign if the tenant was held to the same standard.

I'm starting to think we'd be better off with DJT than comrade Ardern
                  I agree with the first part.
                  Last edited by donna; 16-07-2019, 05:18 PM. Reason: removed offensive statement
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Landlord to pay tenants $1500 for not hitting insulation deadline
                    6 Aug 2019
                    A LL who did not meet the rental property insulation deadline has been ordered to pay tenants $1500 immediately. Where properties are not adequately insulated, the ll can be required to pay up to $4000 in exemplary damages, which is passed to the tenant.

There had been concerns that as many as 100,000 rental properties would not be up to standard by the time the new rules came into force. Insulation installers reported a backlog that meant many LLs were waiting months for work to be carried out.

Comment

• And another

Note the one where the tenant failed as they had to prove the insulation was inadequate rather than just ask the LL and get him to prove it was compliant.

Comment

• The onus of proof is always on the applicant.

Comment

• Except for the IRD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            Except for the IRD.
                            Quite out of context!

Comment

• "proof" laws seems to be regularly suspended

for tenants

at the TT too
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• Quick question: existing periodic tenancies don't need to comply with the Healthy Homes requirements till 1st July 2024?

Comment

Working...
                                X