Safe and Sanitary report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
    It is impossible to avoid pet dander getting deep into carpet piles. The next tenants may have allergies. Therefore, there is no way that a carpet will be left "reasonably clean" if pets have been in residence. It will be full of allergens. This is what makes it an enforceable clause where pets are concerned.
    I would 100% argue this, the top allergens are pollen, dust mites and mold, all of which can be just as microscopic as dander, therefore using your logic any house which might have these in their carpet you can enforce the professional carpet cleaning? Not in my mind.

If the tenant has given the property a decent hoover and has removed as much fur as possible and there are no stains I honestly don't think you can enforce it.

If the incoming tenant has allergies it is their responsibility to take steps to reduce the risk (in this instance professionally clean the carpet at their expense). It would not be reasonable to expect the outgoing tenant to incur the cost on a 'maybe' if the landlord is that concerned, they can wear the cost.

Comment

Working...
    X