Changes in building act since 2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in building act since 2004?

Someone told me that a house built in 2017 is much warmer than one built in 2005.
    I tried to search the building code change that necessitated this jump in build quality (and cost!)

If I were looking to buy a house that is built better than one in 2005 say, what year of building consent will I be looking at?
    I know something changed after the Christchurch earthquake in 2011 too - but not sure what.

Is there a website that details the changes in the building code since 2004?

Thanks

i think i now see that there was a big change in 2015 - but i can't seem to find what was changed in terms of building better houses that last longer, warmer, earthquake safe, etc

Comment

insulation is related to the H1 energy efficiency code clause

there is an acceptable solution for clauses that could have been upgraded?

the insulation in tenancy's was announced 2015 is this what you are alluding to?

Comment

Hi thanks no not tenancy related, just that someone said a house built in 2017 would be warmer than one built in 2015.

I thought there might have been an update to the building code to produce that, was there and when (so I know what year houses to look for)

Comment

Working...
        X