Plaster over weatherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaster over weatherboard?

So, an old weatherboard house with plaster put on over the weatherboard 20 years ago. What are the potential issues in terms of durability? Obviously the plaster stigma remains to a degree.

i hear

that in older homes, like 50? years

the bottom meter of weatherboard rots out....

this isn't so old, but it would pay to try and check that area from the inside at several points around the house
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

what plaster stigma? solid plaster isnt the same as harditex type crap, one question is why was it plastered, were the weather boards rotten or to "modernise" it

Comment

if done well it will be more dueable. Plaster is only a problem when used without a cavity and the weatherboards in this case satisfy that zs water w.ill drain to the exterior.

The stigma should be where this cladding was associated with direct fix ond/on untreated timber framing.

Comment

if done well it will be more durable. Plaster is only a problem when used without a cavity and the weatherboards in this case satisfies that as water will drain to the exterior.

The stigma should be where this cladding was associated with direct fix and/on untreated timber framing.

Comment

My grandmother has 25 year old house. Will try to plaster on weatherboards in her house.

Comment

Is this just stucco? If so, no isses whatsoever. I've flipped many a property with stucco. Keeps the weatherboards sealed and in good condition. As long as there is enough clearance at the bottom you won't have any issues.

Comment

Despite what I say above, why would you create a monolithic clad house when you have weatherboard?

Comment

Working...
                X